PDA

View Full Version : Best blades for use w/mulching plate.

A1 Grass
11-10-2002, 11:58 PM
I have a 32" Scag WB and I'm installing a mulching plate. Should I go with a mulching blade or use double-blades or what? If doubles, what combo?

IBGreen
11-11-2002, 01:00 AM
I've heard that x- blades on the 36" exmarks do really well. In fact there is a post on here that sid they do too well. They kicked up so much dust it was blindin. I have a mulch kit on my Husqvarna ztr and I'm just using the factory high lifts they sent me because they don't make gators to fit my deck. I'm going to try the x- blade set-up tomarrow though.

naturescape
11-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Don't use a mulch plate in combination with double blades, you'll get too much blow out. It's either one or the other.

stslawncare
11-11-2002, 11:08 AM
hey guys question for mulching and blades on a push mower. i have a 22'' crapsman bagger/mulcher. what blade setup should i use for doing leaves???

LawnSmith
11-11-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by A1 Grass
I have a 32" Scag WB and I'm installing a mulching plate. Should I go with a mulching blade or use double-blades or what? If doubles, what combo?

i own 4 scag mowers myself, 2 TTs and 2 walkbehinds(48" & 36"). all of which use mulching plates w/ SCAG "Eliminator" mulching blades.

i used the regular ol gators until scag finally made a mulching blade themselves. i have had a whole lot better luck with the eliminators than the gators.

i ran doubles w/ the plates and w/out and i found that the blow out did increase with the plate and doubles but it chopped up better. now, w/ the eliminators i dont have the blow out and it chops just the same if not better.