PDA

View Full Version : looking for opinions

BC1230
10-14-2011, 03:52 PM
As I said my partner and I are planning on starting up late winter advertising etc. Wondering how this sounds to you all out there, or if we are missing something. We have acquired a 21" self proppeled toro, our gravely pro 36, and are looking at a 5x10 never rot decked open trailer with a 3500lb axle tomorrow. The blower and trimmer will be new closer to december. Most likely echo straight shaft, and we have an old back up trimmer/2nd one if need be. We are considering a 2nd walk behind, maybe a 48 when more bargains come up on craigslist. We have a rack of hand tools already as well. I know the trailer might start get a little crowded. We will take care of all the legalities/insurance before we actually hit the ground in the spring. We currently do not have a truck, but have large s.u.v.'s to handle the towing. A truck may be in the works budget permitting late spring/summer 2012. Anyone have any input on the said plan? As we stand with the solo walk behind, and push mower will we be able to keep both of us busy? Not expecting much profits the first year, but don't want to take a dive either. This is a debt free plan, based on 2 guys with current full time jobs that allow us to run our business. Thanks again, let the roast begin! :laugh:

JB1
10-14-2011, 05:51 PM
not to bad except for the goofy idea of a partner.

ralph02813
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I would also rethink the partnership, unless you have a written ironclade agreement as to when you go to work, how you spend money, and what the decesion making process is - in writing for every decesion that may have to be made. I spent a number of years in another industry in an advisory capacity, I couldn't believe how many brothers and other family members who had been in partnerships still don't talk