PDA

View Full Version : I get to ask

turf hokie
10-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I am 99% sure that the technology is not there yet, but I had a request today for LED lights that can change colors, I gave some alternative options but...

he wants LED mini's branch wrapped or tight wrapped on trees, installed year round on a regular maintenance program.

Normally I would tell him he's nuts and walk, but its a VERY high end catering hall that is already an existing customer for my lawn and tree care program.

Sooooo, does anyone know of a product that would fit the bill? I have put calls into most of my vendors already.

Would need 30,000 lights or 600, 50 count strands...

I am pretty sure of my answer but figured if anyone could pull a rabbit it would come from here.

Thanks

Bryan

hotrod1965
10-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Products like this suffer because you have to use a smaller LED to get the different colors in one package.

Ever think about wrapping the individual colors over one another and putting in a switch box so that they can turn a knob to select what color is on.

turf hokie
10-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey been a while since I saw you on here....

Yeah, the thought has crossed my mind to wrap the colors together and just be able to switch which plug is used....

Problem is, I know this customer, maybe he will surprise me, but I dont think he's gonna go for my one color price, never mind the material to do multiple colors...

I can always hope for a surprise.

David Gretzmier
10-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I have seen a few light sets that changed colors, but they were larger bulbs. I have also seen minis do the same thing, but only using a controller that only turns on the blue mini or the red mini, etc. It would not surprise me if there was something out there that would work, but could you stand behind it with experience? Not so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

wurkn with amish
10-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Check out " Light Energy Designs" , they have what your looking for.

turf hokie
10-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks wurkin, that site led me to a couple of other, I will have to see if that is what the customer had in mind, I assume it is.

The system scares me a little, that little controller box seems like it would not like being wrapped on a tree year round....and for 15-20 bucks for a 35 light strand....that adds up REAL fast. I am guessing he is looking at 17-20 grand just for material then a week's worth of labor for 3 guys and a lift....

and only a 90 day gurantee?????

Can you say sticker shock....