PDA

View Full Version : Plow on Bobcat Procat 52

Midwest 2
10-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Thinking about getting into snow removal this season. I have a Bobcat Procat 52 that I am considering installing a plow onto.

Anybody with this model currently utilizing this system?

Pietro
10-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I know they make plows for Zero turns but Id never put one on my toros. It will probably put lots of strain on the hydros and I imagine its not so good for the machine.

Jason Rose
10-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I put one on my 329 grasshopper, its a Mibar brand I believe. Its the only mower plow out there that has down pressure by way of an electric actuator that raises and lowers it. Its extremely well built, very heavy and well designed. I put the wing extensions on mine as well which helps both when its straight and angled. I ran mine with the mower deck still on and no chains or extra weights and turf tires. It worked surprisingly well that way, only on places that were iced over or hard packed and slick, like the road, did I really have traction issues. This year I plan on buying a spare set of rims and mounting the bar lug chevron tires on them and adding about 100 pounds or so to the rear of the machine to counter balance the weight of the plow and hopefully gain more traction.

Yes, its hard on the hydraulic system, especially when pushing a large amount and piling it, but so is day to day mowing on hills and ditches...
Posted via Mobile Device

rauder01
10-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

rauder01
10-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I just ordered a mibar plow for my exmark hp 52 ,can't be any harder on the mower than pulling a 800 plus pound aerater up hills,has bout 4000 hrs on and keeps going.
Posted via Mobile Device

tebletlawns
11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I bought a 72" mibar plow for my turf tiger on this past sunday, looks like it will be at my door tomorrow, (Friday). Cant wait to get in from mowing tomorrow to check it out.

Jason Rose
11-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Just a word of warning about the Mibar plow, there's a TON of assembly and everything about it is VERY heavy! I had no idea about the quality of the plow until I got all the boxes delievered and I had to move them. Pretty impressive... Built a lot better than any ATV plow I've seen or had.

StihlMechanic
11-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Anyone have pictures of their set-up. Not a lot of snow plowing going on in the winters here, but still interested in getting one for my Z.