PDA

View Full Version : what to buy

crazy man
10-15-2011, 10:06 AM
First i would like to say thanks in advance for those experienced pros that help us newbies out.

Here is the decision i am trying to make.
2010 Ferris IS 500Z
34 hours
52 inch deck
24 hp briggs extended life
cost $ 4000.00

OR
2011 John deere 425 Z
0 Hours(guy said he purchased on Deere credit card never used mower in financial crisis and has to sell)
23 hp briggs
cost $ 3000.00

What do you think is the better mower.
I will be cutting 5 to 10 lots between 1/4 and 3/4 acre i should say hopefully next spring.

Thanks,

BestImpressions99
10-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Go with a mower that your repair facility is closest too. I.E. - If your John Deere Dealer is closer than the Ferris dealer, get the John Deere. If those two are your only options then go that route.

If you really want my preference (been mowing professionally since 97 try and take a look to see if you can get a SCAG or Toro/Exmark. They're much more dependable machines. I know there are some that say Ferris and John Deere are great machines but I like the dependability of the SCAG and Toro (Exmark is made by Toro and is a subsidiary).

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
10-15-2011, 12:40 PM
We run all scag mowers so I can't tell you the better of those two mowers but some helpful advice from us would be as follows.
Make sure you can get parts for your new machine easily. Don't just buy the cheaper mower buy the mower that is backed by a good service department. Aim for a commercial dealer only if you can that way you are not competing for service with lmfao. Smith and his 21 inch craftsman for service. Parts inventory so you are back up and running asap. Good luck with your purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazy man
10-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks much

C.R.

StihlMechanic
10-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Those machines are both homeowner mowers, I would buy neither.