PDA

View Full Version : York sheet metal

chariot
11-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Who has dealt with them? I have read good things here. I am interested in the director and emailed them with questions a week ago. I have not heard anything, just wanted to get opinions on them. Thanks

TLS
11-11-2002, 08:21 AM
Dont EMAIL them, CALL them!

For some reason, email and that company aren't up to snuff.

Calling works 100% of the time, and even their secretary knows all the specifics.

chariot
11-11-2002, 08:26 AM
Do you have a 1-800 number? That is one of the things I was emailing them about. Not necessary, but would be nice. Thanks

TLS
11-11-2002, 08:32 AM
Nope, no 1-800 # , just the 717 # is all I have. Use you cell phone maybe? I have all kinds of minutes free, and Long distance is all free. (Just a thought)

The few cents that you spend on a phone call are well worth it for their the product.

Remember, this isn't some big company. Just a small town metal fabrication shop.

Why not FAX them and have them call you?

Good Luck!

Runner
11-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Personally. I can't say enough good things about them. They are very nice to talk to on the phone, and they are good at what they do.;)

REO
11-11-2002, 06:06 PM

chariot
11-12-2002, 11:15 AM
Okay, no email back yet. I called and asked for David, which is who their webpage says to talk to, he's not there today. I am then put through to Steve but he is busy, I try to leave voice message and only am allowed about 10 seconds. I did not even leave my number in that amount of time. I then went to leave him another message but I was then cut off after about 5 seconds. I don't really want to spend all day or all of my money on the phone long distance. TLS, I don't have a fax machine and I have usually had better service from a small town shop than a big company, not this time though. Thanks for your help guys.
Anyone use "The grass handler" from W.E. Chapps?

mac43rn
11-12-2002, 03:28 PM
I have left three messages since last thursday and still no phone call. There products may be the greatest, but their service sucks.

TLS
11-12-2002, 03:39 PM
REO,

You may want to print this out and let them know. These are people with money waiting to buy this product. Any company turning down cash by not replying to phone or email is headed for trouble. I'm sure there is a legit. reason for non-response, but ....

I know they "DO" other things there, but I KNOW they could easily market this product well enough to make it their only source of income. Think of ALL the commercial mowers out there. They ALL NEED this product.

chariot
11-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Mac43rn, I agree completely.

ULTIMATE LAWN
11-12-2002, 04:55 PM
Last year, I e-mailed York repeatedly re: a directors for my Lazers.

Not one response. Gave up & had a local welder make them.

chariot
11-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Ultimate lawn, I am about half a step from doing that myself. Do you have any pictures of it that you would want to post or have posted. If you want to you can email them to me. Timslawncare@yahoo.com Thanks for the information.

REO
11-12-2002, 05:23 PM
All who are intrested in contacting York Sheet Metal , I just got off the phone with " the owner" and I " WILL " print this thread and give it to him " Personally " .

gogetter
11-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Just for the record. I had also e-mailed them several times in the last year and half with no response.

I tried again last week using the form on thier site (a form for requesting more information), and the other night I got a call at home from them! We discussed some things and was very pleased with the gentleman I spoke to (I believe it was David, sorry I have a bad habit of not catching names on the phone).

The fact is they have a couple of GREAT products that most professional mowers could benefit from. It would be a shame to see them lose potential sales because they didn't do something as simple as reply to an e-mail.

Hopefully they will turn it around, and perhaps they've already started to, based on the fact that they did call me.

REO
11-12-2002, 08:09 PM
I copied the entire thread and faxed it to the owner of York Sheet Metal and I feel that he is going to do something about the communication problem that seems to be present. " I hope so " because they do make Great Products.

REO