PDA

View Full Version : Kill it, No kept it, Fine I'll relocate

Tri-City Outdoors
10-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Home owner came across a tiger swallowtail caterpillar today. We suggested they leave it be. They wanted it dead. So we gladly relocated it. It now lives in our landscape.

I will admit it dose look mean. Several false eyes and a stinger looking thing.

Funny part is last year. With their suggestion we installed a small garden. Including plants the would benefit butterflies. They found it in this garden.

Figured I'd share

whosedog
10-15-2011, 07:29 PM
You can't fix stupid.
When I was a kid,he biggest caterpillar I ever found was from a circropia moth,4 inches long and scary looking.I fed it lilac leaves till it cocooned then watched it turn into a beautiful moth,which I took pictures of then released because they have 3 days to find a mate before they die.

I wish I could see the colonies of hibernating Monarch butterflies,that winter in the mountains of central Mexico.I'm amazed that these monarchs travel 1,200-2,800 miles from Canada and North America,to the fir trees in Mexico's mountains.They call this generation of monarchs the Methuselah generation because the live up to 7 months which is far longer than the normal 4-6 weeks most Monarchs live.