PDA

View Full Version : When do you bid on commercial jobs?

Kleen Kutz
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM
When is the best time to bid on commercial jobs? Even though grass season is slowing down. There still another a coulple of weeks left to cut. I'm really thinking about trying to go out a get more commercial jobs. I just wanna get an early start. Thanks in advance for the information.:usflag:

Bunton Guy
10-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Really anytime. We just signed a contract with a property management company for 9 large HOA properties....this came out of the blue. Some contact us just before Jan 1st. Some are in the spring. There is no telling unless you go knock on some doors and find out when they are bidding out.

HPSInc
10-16-2011, 05:41 AM
i signed a 3 yr contract for a commercial account around february of this year. so when they plow contract for the previous company ended i took over. i just signed a 3 year contract about 2 weeks ago for plowing/mowing of another commercial account. as soon as the mowing guys are done at this end of this month its mine. it depends when the contracts end. its always a good time to ask about them and see if you can give a bid. plus if the current company is doing a bad job and the property managemant service has a cancel clause in the contract you can scoop that account right up. you snooze you lose

Kleen Kutz
10-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Do you do this fulltime? I have a fulltime job and I also have 30-40 residential with 3 commercial properties that I do. If I land about 2 or more commercial jobs I'll go at it fulltime. But my only set back is having health insurance. What do you guys do about that? Thanks!!!

jsslawncare
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Do you do this fulltime? I have a fulltime job and I also have 30-40 residential with 3 commercial properties that I do. If I land about 2 or more commercial jobs I'll go at it fulltime. But my only set back is having health insurance. What do you guys do about that? Thanks!!!

I cut grass full time and work for UPS part time on pre-load(we load the trucks in the morning 4:45 to about 8am) Free insurance, everything.

TuffWork
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM

Pay a little more than $400 a month for me and my son to have insurance.