PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge to mow this lot?

Doublewide6
10-15-2011, 09:42 PM
79,104 sqft. Half the lot is a steep hill, but I could mow it with my zero turn. There are 40-50 small trees spread out all over the yard with no mulch around them, and the house has no mulch around it, so there would be a fair amount of weedwacking (about 25 minutes.) Because the property is in the country the homeowner only needs weedwacking once every 5-6 weeks. It should take about 70 minutes to mow it weekly. Here is the lot.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/2954-Fensamaus-Ct.-Fogelsville-pa_rb/

LandFakers
10-15-2011, 09:46 PM
well i pretty much charge a dollar a minute so you say its gunna take 70 minutes start to finish... Boom theres your price $70

FoghornLeghorn
10-15-2011, 09:54 PM
How far off your normal route is this house?

From the looks of it, that mowing alone will take you 90+ minutes with a zero turn by yourself, 2-2.5 hours with trimming blowing sidewalk/driveway.

If this is a weekly account, I'd charge $100 per cut, if it's every 2 weeks, $125-140.

nepatsfan
10-15-2011, 09:56 PM
How big is your ztr? I think it would take longer than your estimate to mow trim blow...even if you arent trimming everything every week. I would be higher than you are for sure.

Jimer
10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
75 per cut. That should cover weed eating every couple of weeks. As long as the homeowner is happy with that if you have to weed eat weekly i would do it for about 90.

Doublewide6
10-15-2011, 10:57 PM
This house is on the route, I do 3 other houses on the same street. That is why I want this job. Because the homeowners mower is not working, I mowed the lawn today and it took 70 minutes, and the grass was high on the hill because it was not mowed for about 2 weeks. There is also a good size section that is not mowed because the homeowner let it go into like a nature preserve or something? It will take me 70 minutes or less with no trimming. He wants me to do it next year, so I am making sure I have a good fair price for both parties.

FoghornLeghorn
10-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Well, if it's on your route, I'd charge $75. $90 with trimming.

Golfpro21
10-16-2011, 09:58 AM
charge what you are happy with, as long as you are making enough money to cover your overhead and feel happy making what your making doing that job.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
10-16-2011, 11:20 AM
If its close to the same size as the other customers on that street you need to charge close to the same. Neighbors talk and they won't be too happy with you if you give the guy a better deal.

Darryl G
10-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Probably in the $75 to $85 range. Your mowing time will likely go down after you've done it a few times. I find I can get my times down about 20% from what my first cut took. I would do the trimming more often though to make it look good, maybe not every single area every time, but enough to make it look neat. I have one about that size that takes about that long that I do for $55 but they're a military couple so I give them a pretty good break on it.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Probably in the $75 to $85 range. Your mowing time will likely go down after you've done it a few times. I find I can get my times down about 20% from what my first cut took. I would do the trimming more often though to make it look good, maybe not every single area every time, but enough to make it look neat. I have one about that size that takes about that long that I do for $55 but they're a military couple so I give them a pretty good break on it.

75-85 range I say to

Hoy landscaping
10-17-2011, 07:35 PM
80-100 per cut. I would have to see it and walk it out. I would also try to get that neighbors property. the one with 130K sqft. Id make a pretty penny there!

BPS##
10-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Its your business and how you operate it.

But I will not take on a no trim job or a trim every 6 weeks job.
Reason why is that by doing the job I am putting my company name on the property.
Folks driving by seeing me mow will not know that the customer says trim every month and a half. All they see is you there mowing and not trimming for weeks on end and the place looks like crap in their mind. Then they'll tell their friends/neighbors about the really crap job they saw X lawn company doing.
You just lost an unmeasurable amount of future business.

Maybe its different for me because my name is my business name. If I ruin my business reputation I've ruined my personal reputation. This town is not big enough to handle a ruined reputation and stay in business.

Doublewide6
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am only going to do the job with trimming included each week. It takes more time and effort, but that is how money is made in this business. As for the price, I'm thinking about $80 a week, but I still have until the end of the week to let him know. Thanks again for your expertise.

larryinalabama
10-17-2011, 08:23 PM
2 acres for 75$............and I thought I was a lowballer

BBC.lawn.services
10-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I would charge $ 1- 1.5 per minute... but that's me and my company. I don't know what all cost you have etc. If I was bidding that property for mow,trim,blow I would bid $ 120.

BPS##
10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
I would charge $ 1- 1.5 per minute... but that's me and my company. I don't know what all cost you have etc. If I was bidding that property for mow,trim,blow I would bid $ 120.

$100 to $125 is what I'm thinking.

I could easily get that here. The customer could just as easily find another company to do it for less but it wouldn't look as good. Thats just the facts jack.

jsslawncare
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
well i pretty much charge a dollar a minute so you say its gunna take 70 minutes start to finish... Boom theres your price $70

Me too. $1 a min