PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Redesigning Tank?

ktackett
10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
I talked to a Cub dealer who said he was out of Tanks and couldn't get anymore because Cub quit production of them this year early because it is getting redesign! He said it's going to have a new deck and other new features, anyone else heard anything?

mag360
10-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Yep - a lot of visual changes to make a better looking machine. Fuel capacity around 15 gallons. Using parker unitized hydros in the 14cc range. They have redesigned the steering wheel system on the "s" model and will be pushing it for commercial use. Looks to be a contender but it was suggested that top speed would only be around 11 mph - hopefully that's not true.

ktackett
10-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Well it sounds good, but I bet they jack the price up considerable too!

Mowingman
10-19-2011, 09:37 AM
A redesign is not going to help any, unless a redesign of the factory quality control process in included. As a former Cub dealer, I will say I have never seen such poor assembly quality in any brand of mower, such as I saw from Cub. Not one single machine we sold, came in without quality control problems. Poor assembly, loose parts, steering adjustment and deck adjustment, just to name a few of the many problems a Cub dealer is faced with. Oh, the factory often forgets to grease some of the fittings on the machines also.
New design, without better QC at the factory, will not improve their machines at all.

Randy G.
10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Glad I didnt listen to you before I bought a lawn mower.