PDA

View Full Version : Update on my advertising at the Bank

soloscaperman
10-16-2011, 09:18 PM
It's been a week and I have only gotten one call and it was one of the workers at People's Bank. Well I went to her brother's house and ended up getting the Fall cleanup and mowing. The tree work I am going to give to my friend since he has a bucket truck and would make more sense. I will update later with pictures and the last month and let you know what happens. I do see a lot of business cards gone and they like the pictures of my work that I have blown up and have in plastic cases that I bought from staples for a few bucks!

I am also going to buy a dozen doughnuts for the workers at the bank and try make a strong relationship with them. The only problem is that the bank is small and they really don't get a lot of business since there are 3 of the same banks in the same town lol.

GMLC
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the update. I thought it was a great idea! Be patient I bet you get more calls. People here are just starting to think fall clean up.

soloscaperman
10-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah this guy was freaking out about the leaves that were already 1/4 down since he seems to care about his lawn (good thing) and he was saying he has been working over time and it's worth paying just to get ride of the leaves. I am friends with his buddy that rides bikes with him so it was an instant cha ching. Cool guy and we talked about bikes, etc. I also thanked the banker and will give her a gift card or give her credit on a Free snow plow or something since she lives near me.

Snapper Jack
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM
It's been a week and I have only gotten one call and it was one of the workers at People's Bank. Well I went to her brother's house and ended up getting the Fall cleanup and mowing. The tree work I am going to give to my friend since he has a bucket truck and would make more sense. I will update later with pictures and the last month and let you know what happens. I do see a lot of business cards gone and they like the pictures of my work that I have blown up and have in plastic cases that I bought from staples for a few bucks!

I am also going to buy a dozen doughnuts for the workers at the bank and try make a strong relationship with them. The only problem is that the bank is small and they really don't get a lot of business since there are 3 of the same banks in the same town lol.
Get the vault combination while your at it:) and Ditto on the job!

JDiepstra
10-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Hey man. Take it from me, i was an investments and loan officer at a bank for a couple years. People with money do not walk into a bank nearly as often as people with money problems. Well, your area could be different, but i doubt it.

BrunoT
10-19-2011, 06:40 AM
I have three accounts with my bank and some sort of "premier" status where they always call and try to sell me something or see my balance and try to get me to buy CD's. I haven't stepped into my bank in about 5 years. I hit the drive-thru for deposits and do everything else online.

It's funny how people complain of little charges at banks. You used to have to go stand in line there constantly before ATM machines and online banking. They think all that automation is free, I suppose.