PDA

View Full Version : Winter work, xmas lights

jwsland
10-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Does anyone offer x-mas light install services around the holiday season? Any thoughts/ opinions?

StihlMechanic
10-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Does anyone offer x-mas light install services around the holiday season? Any thoughts/ opinions?

I'm thinkin' about doing the same thing this winter.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I struggle to put up my own holiday lights...... now i gotta do it for someone else....Forget about it. lol nahh I do 5 local hotels all owned by the same person and no one else's.
Not bad money but i/ my guys just dont have the patience to do too many of them.

PlantscapeSolutions
10-18-2011, 12:23 AM
There is a holiday lighting thread on here. You need to pick company like Holiday Bright Lights and pay a fee to sell their products. I spent $1500 to buy into HBL. Trying to put up home owners lights is a waste of time. I try to stick to LED lights since they are easier to work with.

You should be billing at least $50+ per hour for light installs & take downs.

Total Lawn and Sprinkler
10-19-2011, 07:02 PM
I do know of many landscaping businesses that switch gears during the Winter. We personally offer enough maintenance and sprinkler services that are not seasonal to keep us busy during the off season.

I have heard of some landscaping businesses, some mentioned above, keeping busy with holiday light design. If you feel like you could have a customer base to keep you busy through the holidays I would go for it.

cuttin-to-the-Max
10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Anyone see the Article in the October edition of Lawn and turf mag???
http://www.turf-digital.com/Oct2011/North/0/0#&pageSet=18

And yeah LED is the way to go. Brighter and last longer... And Just my opnion, 50 is low for a commercial place.... maybe that is why i only have to do 5 hotels and be happy. :clapping:

My advice is do them before the weather breaks. Its alot easier to work in the "warmth"
I like to plan is out so that it gets done during or after the leaves have fallen. Last year i planned it so well that on one day half the guys were doing lights the other half were doing cleanups.... Only problem was the hotel didnt like me taking up 12 parking spots, with the fall clean up rigs and light crew there at the same time. It looked sweet though!

PlantscapeSolutions
10-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I do know of many landscaping businesses that switch gears during the Winter. We personally offer enough maintenance and sprinkler services that are not seasonal to keep us busy during the off season.

I have heard of some landscaping businesses, some mentioned above, keeping busy with holiday light design. If you feel like you could have a customer base to keep you busy through the holidays I would go for it.

I've got to yank your chain a little. If your going to use all clip art for your website and not work you actually did it's good to get pictures that are not from obviously from Florida, Colorado, or else where.

You must be a savvy business guy since you growing in a tough commercial market. There are way too many maintenance companies competing for every property that's up for bidding. It's all about price where loyalty and quality takes a backseat. A lot of very good companies have been thrown to the dogs after years of great service after being under bid just a tiny bit.

I stick to mostly high end residential in west Austin where quality, knowledge, and reliability can build long term relationships. I'm going to Barton Creek tomorrow to look at a $2,500,000 house one of my customers is buying.This has been a tough year so I welcome any good news!