PDA

View Full Version : Belt Issue on 2011 Bobcat Pro Predator

chevy1968
10-17-2011, 06:19 PM
I have the Pro Predator bobcat with 34hp kawa. So far Hydro lines are on recall and with only 200hrs i am on my third belt. I am working with Bobcat and trying to understand what the deal is? They say after they talk to my dealer they will let me know if they will cover belts for breaking so early. I have been around many mowers of all brands and never had belts break like this. I am currently waiting to hear what the verdict is going to be. I hope after spending over 9000.00 200 hours ago Bobcat backs there promise to warrenty belts and fingure out why this is happening. I am not the only one that is having this problem. If anyone else owns the 2011 Pro Predator with the 34hp Kawa let me know if the same.I will keep you all posted on outcome.

chevy1968
10-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Well that's that. After days of the run around my dealer and Schiller grounds came up with the decision to warranty one belt. How the hell do you honer one belt and not the other.The belt is 175 inches long? Maybe that has something to do with it.BAD DESIGN and neither Dealor nor Schiller will fess up. Oh another dis -satisfied customer. Now im off to new dealor with the hopes i can get the 3 recalls fixed. This mower is a nightmare

Remington4
10-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Hello chevy1968,

Give the factory a call and ask for the guys in tech support. Surely they can help you and the dealer out.

On the 2011 Predator there are belt guides on the deck and the under the unit. Be sure that the rear belt guides located under the engine deck are set so that they just stay off the belt, maybe try 1/8" of clearance. On the deck top you will find two more guides and they need to be set in the hole locations that get them as close to the belt as possible. The last guide is on the idler pulley assembly, make sure that is set pointing in about the 3 o'clock position observing while sitting in the seat.

Hope this helps,
Remington4

agrostis
10-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Remington4, If you have anything to do with the manufacture of that mower, can you tell me how you know those spindle bearing's are squared up to each other ?

chevy1968
10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Hello chevy1968,

Give the factory a call and ask for the guys in tech support. Surely they can help you and the dealer out.

On the 2011 Predator there are belt guides on the deck and the under the unit. Be sure that the rear belt guides located under the engine deck are set so that they just stay off the belt, maybe try 1/8" of clearance. On the deck top you will find two more guides and they need to be set in the hole locations that get them as close to the belt as possible. The last guide is on the idler pulley assembly, make sure that is set pointing in about the 3 o'clock position observing while sitting in the seat.

Hope this helps,
Remington4

Thank you for your input. I have already been there and done that on the first belt break. The tech guys did help but only raised more questions. They together with dealor warrenty only one belt and basically have told me to sit tight and wait to see what comes of this issue. There is a problem but has not been pin-pointed yet. So i wait with a extra belt at all times!

bah1491
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Bob cat ruined me.........:(
Posted via Mobile Device