PDA

View Full Version : Lighting tall evergreen trees without a lift

rouseisland
10-19-2011, 12:20 AM
This is our 2nd year in the christmas lighting business and we have a client who has a 24' evergreen tree that is not reachable by a boom. Last year we had a ladder resting to the middle of the tree, but could not rest it any higher because the tree would not physically hold on top. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron

Deck & Drive Solutions / Elite Crete Iowa
Residential & Commercial Pressure Washing
Deck to Roof Restoration
www.deckanddrivesolutions.com
(515) 480-5593
aaron@deckanddrivesolutions.com

addictedtolandscaping
10-19-2011, 05:49 AM
A-frame ladder.

GreenI.A.
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Orchard ladders. You should be able to get the single support leg in between the branches with ease. that will let you get right up to the tip with ease.

David Gretzmier
10-21-2011, 01:10 AM
If the tree truly is 24 foot, I would use a 16 foot heavy duty painters pole with a 6 foot little giant ladder fully extended to 12 feet tall in the step ladder position. with one man on the dround feeding you lights and one guy on the ladder, the tree should not be too dificult to do. we have done 30 foot tall trees this way with a 6 foot 4" guy that works for me, but that is about the max height you can get.

JDiepstra
10-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Long stick.

TimNNJ
11-14-2011, 07:41 PM
No kidding..on some trees that I have been looking at I figured I needed a boom..20-30..I am going to get me one of those long painters poles...good deal

If the tree truly is 24 foot, I would use a 16 foot heavy duty painters pole with a 6 foot little giant ladder fully extended to 12 feet tall in the step ladder position. with one man on the dround feeding you lights and one guy on the ladder, the tree should not be too dificult to do. we have done 30 foot tall trees this way with a 6 foot 4" guy that works for me, but that is about the max height you can get.

turf hokie
11-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Eventually you may also want to look into a large orchard ladder, we can get pretty far up with a 16' orchard ladder and a telescoping pole.
The orchard ladder works nicely because you can put it thru the middle of the tree and get closer.
Posted via Mobile Device

TimNNJ
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM
so do you think a tow behind boom is a waste for the day?