View Full Version : leaf vac connector

10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
i found one of these liitle connectors last year that was laying i nthe road. I know the utility companies use them to force warm air into manhole covers when they are working underground.

This one is 7'' in diameter but i need a 8'' one.
I want to use it to connect my hose to the leaf vac for easy removal and it just clamps down and releases by flipping the lever.

Anyone know who might make or sell them?

10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
We had a screw type clamp that came standard with the machine. It was great till we had to remove the hose. The screw stripped out, and then did not hold the hose tight.
Out of desperation, the guys took a ratcheting type of tie down, and used that. They wrapped it around the hose twice, then tightened it up as much as they could. Held fine, and comes off very easily.