PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Encore mowers?

Hansen's Lawn Care
10-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey, just wondering anyone's take on the Encore commercial mowers? Considering purchasing one at a discounted rate right now...any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Rich

mtmower
10-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Rich,

I picked up a 36" hydro pro walk behind about four years ago and it's been great. They were a well built mower. Rumor has it that Hustler mowers actually may have built some of there models for them at one point. I'm guessing my mower is approaching 8-10 yrs. old and does what I need it to well. I only have about three yards that I break it out for each weak so it's not getting used very hard. The newer models on the market may have some advantages to the older ones such as better all around cutting deck, but for the most part if you find one that has had routine maintenance it should go for a long time. I know they went out of business a year or two back and got bought out and I guess are up and running again, but I couldn't speak for what kind of quality product they're putting out now. Most of the parts other than linkage, frame, gas tank, and some other small parts will be common to other mowers. So far belts, bearings, blades and such I can buy at a local small engine shop. Good luck on your purchase.

Hansen's Lawn Care
10-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks a lot "Mtmower" I'll definitely keep in mind what you have to say...

newz7151
10-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Also keep in mind that Encore was bought out not too long ago by the Chinese and many of the long time distributors are losing the line, which means dealers may be giving up the line which would leave you with.. well.. the math is simple in this one.

PlantscapeSolutions
10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
I just checked out the info online and Worldlawn purchased the assets of Encore for 1.2 million. Currently Encore is shut down and there is no parts support. Encore was going to got belly up is they didn't sell. Buying a mower you can't get replacement parts for is risky.

minilawn
10-24-2011, 10:00 PM
I run 32" and a 48" encore walk-behinds. Couldn't be happier, reliable. Easy to maintain, great stripes. Don't have any experience with their z's or the recent chinese stuff.