PDA

View Full Version : Picking up sticks that don't blow

Darryl G
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
When doing cleanups there's always those sticks that don't blow. You need to either pick them up/rake them up first or after you're done blowing or bend over and pick them up while blowing, kick them, flick them with the blower wand or whatever. I actually managed to hurt myself kicking one into the woods last season, lol, hyper extended my knee. I tried taping my handy little grabber tool to my blower tube but it was heavy and cumbersome.

So here's what I did....I stuck a stick-on coat hook on the end of my blower tube. I just tried it out and it's not bad. I did have to tape it on because of the design; it's designed to slide off to allow removing it from the wall. I don't know how long it will last. If it does break I'll just put another one on or fabricate something else until I get something that works. Has anybody else done anything like this?

pollak1322
10-20-2011, 01:42 PM
That is a problem I am constantly facing and have always either bent down or tried to flick them with the blower tube like you said, I had never thought to actually do anything about it lol. But it looks like your idea is a good one. The only thing I might do is mount the unit on the bottom of the blower tube but keep the hook remaining facing upward. That way if the sticks are closer to the ground you dont have to worry about the space that the blower tube itself is taking up and you can get the hook down closer to the ground and get the lower lying debris.

Darryl G
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
It's easy enough to just rotate the blower tube.