PDA

View Full Version : lawn sweeper or bag-a-nut?

BBC.lawn.services
10-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I haven't found any reviews of people using these for commercial use.

So what I'm manly looking for is gum ball, acorn, pecan removal. I assume bag-a-nut would be best for this but... if a lawn sweeper sweeper does an adequate job on the nuts, I would prefer it so I can use it on occasion instead of hauling my ztr bagging stuff around. (I would use the sweeper for around the edges of the lawn. NOT the whole thing.)

So... please reply with any experience with either (and which brand of lawn sweeper!) Thanks!

Guinness56
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of the Little Wonder HPV...bought used from someone who couldn't handle pushing it around. If you manage how full you let the bag get, it will suck like a shop-vac with a brand new filter. Acorns / small sticks / hickory nuts / whatever.

Guinness56
10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
another example....my parents have a Chinese Chestnut tree. The fruit literally looks like a sea urchin. So, you can imagine how effectively it can stick to the lawn...think "giant velcro balls." I dropped the nozzle all the way down (helps to mechanically loosen them) and went to town...got the majority of them up. Now and then would loosen with my foot as those things can get pretty stuck in there!

White Gardens
10-21-2011, 10:32 AM
BBC, might want to check craig's list and see if someone is selling a sweeper for cheap to try out and see if the sweeper will work.

If you get some success then you know you can go to a more commercial unit that would probably give you better results.

To me, if you don't have a need for a Vac, then don't get one. From your previous thread it sounds like you don't and it will just sit. Especially if you have a bagger on your mower for the other stuff you need to suck up.

I've never understood why sweepers aren't utilized in this industry anymore than they are. It seems like everyone wants to tell you that a vac is superior and I don't see it.

FlatBillynSC
10-21-2011, 07:03 PM
I use an Agri-Fab lawn sweeper that I purchased from Tractor Supply and it works great picking up sticks, acorns and etc.

dboyd351
10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
From the Bag-a-Nut videos that thing sure looks like the tool to have for nuts and gumballs. But, I don't know anyone who has tried it, so who knows. Seems like if you had a decent stand of pecan trees, that thing would pay for itself in a heartbeat!

dboyd351
10-31-2011, 10:21 PM
From the Bag-a-Nut videos that thing sure looks like the tool to have for nuts and gumballs. But, I don't know anyone who has tried it, so who knows. Seems like if you had a decent stand of pecan trees, that thing would pay for itself in a heartbeat!