PDA

View Full Version : Billygoat Vac or Not?

johnsonslawnmanagement
10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Been tossing around the idea of getting one. Mainly for all the parkinglots we have to blow and for leaves that line up around curbs in the street. I found one with a hose attachment I thought could be used to get clippings up when we prune shrubbery. My question: Are these really useful or is there a reason I see so many on craigslist ?
Posted via Mobile Device

BBC.lawn.services
10-20-2011, 10:39 PM
man, I have the same question! You can see the threads about them I've started. (haven't quite got the answer I'm looking for yet!)

I want one but only if they pick up sweet gum balls... (It's got to have someway for it to make money for me!)

I'll be following along on this thread as well!

Darryl G
10-21-2011, 12:49 AM
The Billy Goat factory rep here is really good and honest. He'll tell you straight whether or not the unit will meet your intended needs.

Guinness56
10-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of the Little Wonder HPV...bought used from someone who couldn't handle pushing it around. If you manage how full you let the bag get, it will suck like a shop-vac with a brand new filter. Acorns / small sticks / hickory nuts / whatever. In fact, if the nozzle is too low to the ground it will suck hard enough to stick to the ground and you'll need to lean on the handle to lift it up to push....hence the reason the original owner had problems moving it. I have not tried the Billy Goat so no perspective on that.

johnsonslawnmanagement
10-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Traded for a billygoat kv with hose kit and a force2 blower today. Will post my thoughts on them this week after we break them in
Posted via Mobile Device

johnsonslawnmanagement
10-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Update:
- The Billygoat vac does a great job in parking lots. Cleaned out bed debris to edge of lawns to vac it up today. We usually use our walker for this but tried the vac today: it got debris and mulch pieces we raked out, which the walker won't get all mulch. Sucked up acorns off a parking lot. Some back and forth the get them all but it sucked them right up. Oh and it eats cardboard boxes with ease ;)
- The Billygoat 9hp Force blower is stupid powerful. This things blows leaves so far it's like they are running away. Cut our parkinglot blowing time by 2/3. Blows gravel pieces and all off the lots
Posted via Mobile Device