PDA

View Full Version : Pace Enclosed Trailer Roof

FlatBillynSC
10-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I have a Pace enclosed trailer and the roof has a small cut in it right around where the top curves down to the side part of the roof. What is the best stuff to use to repair this. Thanks in advance.

CLS LLC
10-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Is that part of the roof fiberglass or sheet metal? Is the cut wide enough to fill in, or will it need a patch panel?

Assuming it's sheet metal I would go to the hardware store and get some seam sealer and try to fill in the hole if it small enough, otherwise get a patch of galvanized sheet metal or aluminum and screw that on with a few sheet metal screws and then cover the seams and screws with seam sealer.

ecurbthims
10-21-2011, 08:53 PM
go to a heavy truck and trailer parts place ,they sell a stick -on aluminum repair that comes in different colours to match your trailer weather its aluminum or fiberglass ,and has a glue on the back that I have been told is used to glue brake pads together .Anyways ,because it sticks on ,your not creating extra holes for water to penetrate and ruin your trailer like sheet metal screwes or pop rivets can do .This stuff was fairly expensive ,but works and looks fantastic .

ecurbthims
10-21-2011, 08:57 PM
a quick google search came up with a product made by Imperial available on Amazon .

FlatBillynSC
10-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Thank you all for the great and intelligent responses. It is a metal roof. I am going to try and get that sticking stuff and install on the roof if I can find it, which I hope that I can. I really don't want to be drilling holes in the roof, but if that will be my only resort for a permanent seal, I will do that. Thanks again guys.