PDA

View Full Version : The season's comin to an end!

94gt331
10-21-2011, 07:01 PM
I't that time of the year again for us seasonal landscapers about one or two more months left. I have 5 more landscape jobs to do and 1 more round of mowing and where going to start picking up leaves from Nov1 -dec1 and then hopefully maybe aliitle of snow. But im lookin forard to puttin the equiptment away for 3 months. I allways like takin a break from running my buisness for a few months. How's other LCO's doing this fall and what's ur winter plans. I do some farm work over the winter for some spendin money.:usflag:

Kelly's Landscaping
10-21-2011, 07:07 PM
We have a lot of green trees here were 2 weeks off because of all that extra rain this season. So we will mow 1 week into Nov guaranteed and probably 2 weeks into Nov. Last season it cuts ended in Oct. Then comes the fun part 100 plus clean ups in the 3-6 weeks before we get taken out by a snow storm. If all goes well we finish around Dec 15 if it doesn't go well it can drag deep in to Jan .

94gt331
10-21-2011, 07:12 PM
You lookin forward to ur break from work or do work anywhere over the winter.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Winter is merely a series of a few 3 and 4 day weekends and occasionally we take a whole 10-14 days off in a row in the beginning. No sooner then that ends then its time to do taxes, reports, new contracts and new plans basically the winters off is a myth here.

94gt331
10-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Winter is a great time to do buisness planning and contracts i agree. I like to also do maint on the equiptment. I got lots of equiptment to clean up and repair.

GMLC
10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe one or two more mowings here. Got a full fall clean up schedule for November. One big project that will last 2-3 more weeks. Got to get my plows ready to go!!

Richard Martin
10-22-2011, 03:25 AM
I'm winding down here too. I'll probably cut up until December and call it a year. No snow to speak of here.

mowerbrad
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I'll be ready for winter (except for the snow and freezing temps part). Its been a busy year for me and I'm definately in need of a little break.

I've got at least a month before I'm done with everything. Leaves are falling here pretty steadily here. As long as we don't get snow too early, I'll be doing clean-ups until Dec. 1st, maybe a little longer...usually after Thanksgiving it is just a select few customers who want their lawns cleaned up, so I won't be too busy after that.

dieseltech
10-22-2011, 03:36 PM
The grass is slowing down here too...time to pick up the leaves and dust off the snowblowers and the plow. I think im gonna switch up my advertising next season so ill probly get to work on that as well.
Posted via Mobile Device