PDA

View Full Version : A Good Mulching Machine

Smallaxe
10-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm looking for a machine that doesnt rely on 10" input hose to Draw the leaves into the turbine and another hose to shoot the beaten leaves... I would like a machine in which I could blow a pile to, get them into the recieving end and have them exit through a chute that shoots them into the back of the truck... after chopping them to pieces...

Eliminating the tubular hoses is the biggest point I'm looking for, then seconarily, chopping and blowing...

I'd like to be able to take a machine out to a job... park it in a convenient spot and point the chute at the truck... turn it on and work the leaves into the turbine w/out a suction hose... but rather an open recepticle that I could either fill with a rake or blower...

Smallaxe
10-22-2011, 08:20 AM
So there really isn't a machine, that nayone has heard of that would work that way... unfortunate... a portable wood chipper would almost do it...

bad93blaster
10-22-2011, 09:12 AM
You could just make a good size funnel and keep the hose say 3ft so the funnel is on the ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smallaxe
10-22-2011, 07:47 PM
You could just make a good size funnel and keep the hose say 3ft so the funnel is on the ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the response...
What machine would you recommend, I should look into as being useful to add a funnel to?

pollak1322
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
What your basically describing would be a chipper but for leaves if I'm understanding you correctly. I've never seen anything out there like that and built for specifically leaves, but its an interesting idea, the whole vacuum part though cuts down on the effort thats needed to actually get the leaves through the machine.

Smallaxe
10-24-2011, 08:55 PM
What your basically describing would be a chipper but for leaves if I'm understanding you correctly. I've never seen anything out there like that and built for specifically leaves, but its an interesting idea, the whole vacuum part though cuts down on the effort thats needed to actually get the leaves through the machine.

I think you are grasping the concept that I'm getting at... Hoses and 'vacuum' plug up and require 'special circumstanse' to perform adequately... I'm thinking about 'chute in' and 'chute out' in which this special circumstance doesn't create downtime.

I was hoping that someone knew of manufacturers that had produced such a machine, or , some close to it...
Thanks for the response...

pollak1322
10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah I understand what you mean, the closest thing I've ever seen to one are the ones here pictured here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=leaf+shredder&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=1549l3497l0l6083l9l7l0l0l0l1l1128l3031l0.2.1.2.0.1.0.1l7l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1279&bih=702&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Obviously not nearly to the scale you'd want though. I'm sure with some modifications you could get a chipper on the smaller side and fab up some sort of detachable enclosed ramp/chute with sides and a top leading to the actual pre-existing chute so that you could just blow piles of leaves into it. I'd be interested to see how it would work.

When I worked for a local tree company the chipper would reduce the leaves that would go through it to nothing but they were attached to branches still which would pull the leaves in along with everything else. Without something for the roller wheels to grab onto I don't know how well it would work. And in my opinion if you had to self feed leaves into something like that would be much more of a hassle than unclogging a truck loader now and then.

Smallaxe
10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, most of the pictures posted on that google search meant picking them up and feeding them in by hand... you're right, not agood idea...

I think I'm taking off until after the rain is done, maybe I'll do some looking around locally... What would be perfect is a smaller version of a 'Silo Filler'... :)

pollak1322
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
That would do the trick lol!