PDA

View Full Version : Overpaying clients

THIESSENS TLC
10-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Last week I was cutting grass as usual, when the 1st client overpayed by 5 dollars, then the next one too! the last client overpayed 10 dollars. I advised all of them that they were overpaying just incase they didnt know they were...or they were testing me. All 3 clients knew they were overpaying....they all said the same thing, "ahhh dont worry about it its ok". I'm sure this has happened to some of you guys, what do you do?

Hawkshot99
10-22-2011, 12:42 AM
I thank them. Its called a tip.

BBC.lawn.services
10-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Sweet send some of those customers my way!

We have a really nice lady who over pays us when we go and do their lawn on occasion.

Just let them know and if they say take it. Than flash a smile and say thank you haha

(I wish those dead beat customers would learn a lesson from these nice people.
The penny pinching thieves always look un happy...)

tlc1994
10-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Just thank them and keep doing what you`re doing. You must be doing something right and they notice.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIESSENS TLC
10-22-2011, 01:32 AM
I do thank them, and will take very good care of these clients...just didnt expect to get 3 tips in one day!

j-ville native
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
that means you are doing good work. it could also mean that they think you aren't charging enough

THIESSENS TLC
10-22-2011, 12:17 PM
that means you are doing good work. it could also mean that they think you aren't charging enough

I know i do good work. I get a dollar a minute minimum, most of the time more than that. And if I really feel like bustin my a$$, lets just say I do pretty good. who knows why, all i know is they are very good clients...even before they overpayed.

Darryl G
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't find that happening much, so I charge extra to start with, lol. I invoice monthly and most of my customers send a check for the exact amount billed, but sometimes they will round up a little. I find that when I get paid extra is usually for one time work that the customer was in a hurry to have done and I made room and snuck them into my shedule.