PDA

View Full Version : Gravely bagger question?

southgagrass
10-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Was thinking of getting a bagger put on either my 52 or 60 inch 250 series Gravely. Just as not sure how good there baggers are or how well they work. If they are anything like the mowers they have to be pretty great just looking for some insight from some people who have already used them. Thanks.

moultonmulcher
10-23-2011, 04:25 AM
I like mine. Pulls down the RPMs when you engage but works well in my opion.Thursday I was cleaning up some leaves and they were proably 6 inches deep on the street. Got alot of them up with one pass. Just like any it will clog if you go to fast in high thick grass or wet grass. Had to learn to slow down. Hate bagging but if I am gonna bag I like my gravely bagging system.

southgagrass
10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought the system would work good just wanted to get some opinions before I made my decision. What did you have to pay for yours if you don't mind?

moultonmulcher
10-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Mine is a two bagger on a 148 xdz with 21 kaw. Not enough horsepower. should have at least 24 horse. with bagging system. Mine was 2100 dollars installed.

hammmerhead
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
I have the 3 bag, 8 bushel system for a 152. The blower is very large and powerful. Mine has never clogged even cutting some rough yards with 8+ inches at a 4.00" height.

You get an 8 bushel capacity setup with the 100 series models and a 12 bushel capacity with the 200 series. It adds about 10 inches to the width of your deck.

I have not had any issues with power running the Kawa 24 horse engine cutting Bermuda and Zoysia with it and I dont pitch my deck. I really enjoy using it for the manicured grass, but you will be dumping a lot for the overgrown yards that require to be bagged. Weights are a must and they come with the kit along with a set of high lift blades. I got mine installed including 8.25% sales tax for just over $1500