PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Before and After

ron mexico75
10-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, here are some pics of my first significant landscape install. Ive worked for other people/companies, but this was for me this time. I drew a plan out very detailed, picked out 8 different kinds of plant material, mulch, rock. Feels very rewarding to have my plan chosen in the first place. Implement it and then look at the finished product and hear the positive comments from the homeowners and neighbors.

ron mexico75
10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
here are some more

ron mexico75
10-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Here are some more

ron mexico75
10-24-2011, 01:12 PM
and some more...

32vld
10-24-2011, 01:30 PM
That place was in bad shape before. Though not as a knock on the quality level of your work, it just does not appeal to my eye.

JimmyTheGlove
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
and some more...

Wow, nice work! Especially with the last three pics. Job well done! I like your choice of gravel. Looks good! :)

The Glove :cool:

knox gsl
10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks good and will look even better in a few years when everything fills out. Overall I think it was a good choice as you can tell grass ain't growing there.

ron mexico75
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow, nice work! Especially with the last three pics. Job well done! I like your choice of gravel. Looks good! :)

The Glove :cool:

Thanks! Yeah I was nervous about the "golf ball size" rocks but once installed I felt ok.

Looks good and will look even better in a few years when everything fills out. Overall I think it was a good choice as you can tell grass ain't growing there.

Thanks! yeah your right about filling in. Will be interested to see what it looks like in a year or 2. They wanted a "low maintenance" spreading landscape. It full shade and maybe a little filtered sunlight so it's not too showy but should fit the bill ok I guess.

bobcat48
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Nice job,what an improvement.

fireman gus
11-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Very good job. I hate places like that to work with, I get so frustrated trying to decide what to do. I like the flat open spaces.

Glenn Lawn Care
11-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow, very nice!

MOW ED
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Nice work. Lots of it also. You should put a sign in there so neighbors can give you a call. Thanks for sharing it.

lukemelo216
11-08-2011, 10:00 PM
i will agree to 32vld, about the overall appeal. It looks much better than before, but it just looks somewhat out of place. Parts of the design are really nice and have the "natural" look to it, while others dont flow as well. Like you said though its your first one on your own, so as you get more you will get more ideas of what works and what doesnt, and i do understand that part of it is the homeowner too.

Another thing that I kind of just drew a slight blank on, was the piece of edging, then more rock, then mulch and no edging between the rock and edging.

Overall things look a lot better, Good Job!

lawnpro724
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
It may look better but than before but thats about. I don't mean to be harsh but that isn't even close to the kind of work we do. The design is poor and plant selection and placement leaves alot to be desired.

ron mexico75
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
i will agree to 32vld, about the overall appeal. It looks much better than before, but it just looks somewhat out of place. Parts of the design are really nice and have the "natural" look to it, while others dont flow as well. Like you said though its your first one on your own, so as you get more you will get more ideas of what works and what doesnt, and i do understand that part of it is the homeowner too.

Another thing that I kind of just drew a slight blank on, was the piece of edging, then more rock, then mulch and no edging between the rock and edging.

Overall things look a lot better, Good Job!

Wow, haven't checked threads I started for a while. It was a VERY difficult area to work in. You could hardly drill a small hole for the pachysandra without hitting roots and rocks. This entire development was built in the middle of woods basically. As many trees as possible were left when the homes were built so any digging at all is a chore.

That edging you're talking about is a prime example. Couldn't put it on the other side. Several main roots (from 2 trees roughy) the size of your lower leg. The side with edging was higher so it was easy to install without hitting any roots.

I agree, if the design was left soley up to me it would be different. The homeowner basically squeezed the bounderies in from each side to where things became very limited. Add the fact its basically full shade and that's even tighter!

ron mexico75
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow, very nice!

Nice work. Lots of it also. You should put a sign in there so neighbors can give you a call. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

ron mexico75
03-14-2012, 01:18 PM
It may look better but than before but thats about. I don't mean to be harsh but that isn't even close to the kind of work we do. The design is poor and plant selection and placement leaves alot to be desired.

Thanks buddy. :laugh:

Design ideas were very limited due to the homeowners vision. I tried persuading but she was very specific about wanting tons of ground cover and a pathway.

Care to elaborate on plant material you would have used in this zone and environment?

LawnBoy627
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM
What did you charge them and how much did you make off this?

ron mexico75
03-16-2012, 10:29 AM
What did you charge them and how much did you make off this?

I charged what I thought was an appropriate price for time and materials.

I made enough to cover business expenses, materials, paid myself and the rest was profit.

knox gsl
03-16-2012, 04:06 PM

I made enough to cover business expenses, materials, paid myself and the rest was profit.

I love that answer.

rockerchris
03-16-2012, 07:27 PM

x2 You should not really ask questions like that, it is not good etiquette. Love this reply as well.

LawnBoy627
03-17-2012, 01:54 AM
I understand. Just wondering what kind of money you are lookin at in this this kind of work. No big deal.