PDA

View Full Version : Why I love my enclosed trailer

williams lcm
10-24-2011, 07:00 PM
1. I can stay dry in the rain 2. I can use my home made urinal that is built into the trailer(For all the coffee I drink) It beats going to the bathroom in your customers yard 3. I can hide from my annoying customers with the little room I built with door so nobody knows I am in there. 4. It is nice pulling in at night and not having to unload equipment. These are just some of the reason I perfer and enclosed trailer over an open one any day.

jaybird
10-24-2011, 08:03 PM
thats funny, and makes sence.

2stroked
10-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I want to see a pic of the private room.

fatboynormmie
10-24-2011, 08:09 PM
pics please

williams lcm
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
My trailer is 8.5x20 so I have plenty of room.The room is up front. I have a comfortable chair in the room plus a nice little radio. It is basically a little workshop with a soild wood door. If you are outside in the back looking in you would not see it . I did this so it would blend in with the trailer. You would never know it had a room inside. I have hid plenty of times from crazy people or just sit back and relax when it is raining out. No pictures yet.

jaybird
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
far-out jimmy

94gt331
10-24-2011, 09:40 PM
I have an enclosed trailor for the mowing truck and also a enclosed trailor for the landscape truck and i wouldn't have it any other way. Enclosed trailors are so much better in every way.

PLS-Tx
10-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Yep, they are very nice. I would never want to go back to an open trailer. Having a bathroom is the best part. :)

juspayme
10-25-2011, 12:55 AM
the bathroom id the best part. 5. changing shorts to jeans is nice too. 6; nice place to get out of the sun in those hot days for a bit.

scotts lawn care
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
enclosed is really nice! i used to pee in a bottle, then i decided to build a little urinal in the front against the wall. drilled a half inch hole in the floor, then duct taped a large funnel to a smaller long funnel......... instant bathroom! :clapping:

unkownfl
10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
enclosed is really nice! i used to pee in a bottle, then i decided to build a little urinal in the front against the wall. drilled a half inch hole in the floor, then duct taped a large funnel to a smaller long funnel......... instant bathroom! :clapping:

So your waste goes onto the ground outside???

scotts lawn care
10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
So your waste goes onto the ground outside???

yep. it goes down the funnel under the trailer. no big deal. :)

Glenn Lawn Care
10-25-2011, 06:23 PM
That's why I want an enclosed trailer, plus if you put your name on it, its a moving billboard! But taking a grumpy in a 5 gallon bucket has to be the best part!

4 seasons lawn&land
10-25-2011, 07:08 PM
this thread is going downhill quick lol

flatlander42
10-25-2011, 09:19 PM
grumpy..........hahhaaha!

unkownfl
10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
yep. it goes down the funnel under the trailer. no big deal. :)

I hope you park on grass at least. Here I have to park basically in front of two houses on the street, and if I have the yellow river running down under my trailer stinking I don't think I would have happy neighbors or customers.

johnyredd99
10-26-2011, 12:43 AM
not sure what you have been eating/drinking but if you can turn black pavment yellow then you should be more worried about seeing a doctor then your customers seeing a wet spot. in the grass or on pavment all wet spots look like are just that.

Also love enclosed trailers for lights. early morning/ late night its nice to be able to pust a button and light up the inside of the trailer. open trailers your setting up lights or using flash lights. enclosed just takes a push of a button to be able to see what ever you need to do

PLS-Tx
10-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Also love enclosed trailers for lights. early morning/ late night its nice to be able to pust a button and light up the inside of the trailer. open trailers your setting up lights or using flash lights. enclosed just takes a push of a button to be able to see what ever you need to do

Yes, this is another great benefit to having an enclosed trailer instead of open.

scotts lawn care
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
yeah i tried the bucket........not pretty at the end of the day. :dizzy:

JDiepstra
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
not sure what you have been eating/drinking but if you can turn black pavment yellow then you should be more worried about seeing a doctor then your customers seeing a wet spot. in the grass or on pavment all wet spots look like are just that.

actually, if you cant hold it til between jobs, maybe youre the one who needs to see a doctor! Letting the pee drip onto the ground is classless. Not to mention liquid tends to run to the side of the road where it could be identified as yellow on top of the concrete curbs.
Man, thats just trashy.

clydebusa
10-26-2011, 10:18 AM

You beat me to it, I put lights in my enclosed and love them. Man it has made it nice.

clydebusa
10-26-2011, 10:19 AM

Fill it with saw dust or cedar mulch. This helps.

mtmower
10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I just can't wait till I can afford a bathroom on wheels!!! Finally got a 16' enclosed for my sprayer/fertilizer and aerators and I'm liking it as well. No bathroom installed yet.:dancing:

THEGOLDPRO
10-26-2011, 10:59 AM

lol thats why i cut the bottom out of the bucket, I basically only use it for a place to sit, the poop falls right to the ground.

JDiepstra
10-26-2011, 11:39 AM
lol thats why i cut the bottom out of the bucket, I basically only use it for a place to sit, the poop falls right to the ground.

hahaha did you cut a bucket sized hole in the bottom of your trailer so it just falls into the street? :laugh:

Patriot Services
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM
That's why I want an enclosed trailer, plus if you put your name on it, its a moving billboard! But taking a grumpy in a 5 gallon bucket has to be the best part!

Ran this by the wife. She ain't taken no grumpy, bumpy , lumpy or any other kind of umpy in a bucket. RaceTracs and Chik Fil A potty breaks. Pretty much ended that right there. Oh well more room for racks and shelves.
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
10-26-2011, 01:15 PM
hahaha did you cut a bucket sized hole in the bottom of your trailer so it just falls into the street? :laugh:

lol no, I work in wooded areas, and thankfully i have only had to use the bucket once in the past, but i just took a walk into the woods sat down, took a poop wiped my butt, picked the bucket back up and walked back to the truck.

Glenn Lawn Care
10-26-2011, 04:35 PM

That's a good idea.... I use to just put a garbage bag in a 5 gallon bucket and sit on that and proceed to wreck ship!

dieseltech
10-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Roflmfao!!!! Subscribed to see what else can be said about taking a "grumpy" while on the job...wow my somewhat Mediocre drizzly day just got a little better.
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO
10-26-2011, 05:55 PM
That's a good idea.... I use to just put a garbage bag in a 5 gallon bucket and sit on that and proceed to wreck ship!

I figure if bears and deer Sh1t in the woods and leave it behind i might as well do the same.

Glenn Lawn Care
10-26-2011, 06:45 PM
I figure if bears and deer Sh1t in the woods and leave it behind i might as well do the same.

Yeah it sucks when you run out of toilet paper and you have to cut the belly out of your shirt or use a sock!

johnyredd99
10-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah it sucks when you run out of toilet paper and you have to cut the belly out of your shirt or use a sock!

LOL that is the worst.... come out of the trailer go to get back in the truck and other guy wants to know what the hell happened to your shirt..... really you just dont want to know

and its not about installing a bathroom. have found that a liquid fabric softner bottle works best. keeps the smell down and large enough for multiple use before dumping. can be found along the road on recycle days.

worst was when I had to take my 5 yr old to a quick job one day. He had to take a 'grumpy' but the 5gal bucket was to big he kept falling in.

Cabinets. I dont know where guys w/ open trailers keep all thier misc stuff. maybe im just over prepared but those cabinets are full of 'just incase' stuff.

Fan. nice to be able to get out of weather. hot or rainy but still be able to get a breeze. also used to hang sweaty shirts on to dry on the way to next job

B&M
10-27-2011, 01:22 AM
We have both open and enclosed trailers and I must say we love the enclosed trailer for all the same reasons you guys have mentioned.

Bigkrank
10-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Wal Mart bags work a lot better than a 5 gallon bucket. And you can just fling them in a dumpster.

Patriot Services
10-27-2011, 08:22 AM
LOL that is the worst.... come out of the trailer go to get back in the truck and other guy wants to know what the hell happened to your shirt..... really you just dont want to know

and its not about installing a bathroom. have found that a liquid fabric softner bottle works best. keeps the smell down and large enough for multiple use before dumping. can be found along the road on recycle days.

worst was when I had to take my 5 yr old to a quick job one day. He had to take a 'grumpy' but the 5gal bucket was to big he kept falling in.

Cabinets. I dont know where guys w/ open trailers keep all thier misc stuff. maybe im just over prepared but those cabinets are full of 'just incase' stuff.

Fan. nice to be able to get out of weather. hot or rainy but still be able to get a breeze. also used to hang sweaty shirts on to dry on the way to next job

Nothing worse than a 5 year old doing the grumpy dance in the middle of nowhere. Except maybe a 35 year old.
Posted via Mobile Device

johnyredd99
10-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I could only laugh when I got home and it was 'I 'grumpied' in the trailer just like daddy does'

not sure how a walmart bag would work better then a 5 gal bucket. combined they are a great asset to have. but one w/ out the is just a bad situation to be in w/ a turtle head popping.

Bigkrank
10-27-2011, 08:59 AM
not sure how a walmart bag would work better then a 5 gal bucket. combined they are a great asset to have. but one w/ out the is just a bad situation to be in w/ a turtle head popping.

Try it sometime, all you have to do is bend a little, take the two handles of the bag and pull up to your rear and go.

Then there's always this:

http://www.bumperdumper.com/

johnyredd99
10-27-2011, 01:25 PM
they make a seat for kids that goes over the reg toilet seat. Kids outgrew it quick so found a new home for it in trailer. fits right ontop of bucket. and the seat has better cushion on it then the one at home

Patriot Services
10-27-2011, 01:28 PM
All you need is a laptop and fridge. You'd never have to come in the house.
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
10-27-2011, 08:29 PM
All you need is a laptop and fridge. You'd never have to come in the house.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess this is their idea of cheap cost of living in FL.... Seriously though, I'm sure everyone has yard bags to use as a liner in their buckets. I have done such but if its a one I'll use a bottle and a 2 gets a bag. I would think every ones pee stinks and I'm sure it doesn't smell like some other fluid that would normally be on the ground.

johnyredd99
10-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Tried wiring a tv and dvd player so my kids could watch movies on the rare occasion they were out but the invertor cost was a little much.
I do know a guy w/ a microwave in his to warm up lunch.

Glenn Lawn Care
10-31-2011, 05:13 PM
A mini fridge and a microwave would be key..... esp the fridge on hot days! I have a perfect mini fridge to fit in a trailer to that I will prolly put in mine when I get one.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Anyone make love in their enclosed? All I run is an open.

johnyredd99
11-05-2011, 06:52 PM
have not 'made love' but other 'makings' have happened.
About the fridge not sure how you would power that. even the small 12volt ones put a huge drain on the battery