PDA

View Full Version : GIE/EXPO - I-64 Bridge Detour?

ed2hess
10-24-2011, 08:40 PM
So Obama didn't get the I-64 bridge fixed so he closed it eh? So what is the shortest route to expo when coming in from I-64 west... Okay I can go way the heck up north on 62/265 and intersect I65 and drive south. I don't want to wander around the east side hood area.

SouthSide Cutter
10-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Thats about the best route. Brother lives in Shively and we went down last week. Everybody says they have to get up 2hrs early to get to work. We didnt have any delay to speak of but wasnt in rush hr either. Dam your coming from a long way!!!!

STLC
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
when coming in from 64 just take 265 to i65 go south about 10 miles...very easy 65 will take you right to fair grounds

ed2hess
10-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Thats about the best route. Brother lives in Shively and we went down last week. Everybody says they have to get up 2hrs early to get to work. We didnt have any delay to speak of but wasnt in rush hr either. Dam your coming from a long way!!!!

And we are going to visit my brother in Vincennes after the show. He is a farmer and we like to putter around with the big stuff. I came off that farm and my oldest son really like to visit.....my brother has sons.

silvermaxd
10-25-2011, 01:24 PM
stay in the righthand lane as far as you can on 65 south then ease your way over when you get closer to bridge:weightlifter:

SouthSide Cutter
10-25-2011, 07:25 PM
And we are going to visit my brother in Vincennes after the show. He is a farmer and we like to putter around with the big stuff. I came off that farm and my oldest son really like to visit.....my brother has sons.

I grew up with the Boyds. We farmed at a really young age. Back then the big boys were the Robinson Bros from Knox Co. We ran bulldozers you name it. I just cant get over the price of equipment now. When I was farming it was the 1206, 1466 etc. been awhile back. They farm all around me now and between them they probably got 300 semis farm 15000 acres or more and have more dozers and trackholes than you can count. Some really big farmers in Knox Co. also. If your by my way stop by. Just live 1/2 mile south of Bypass 50 on 57 South. Cant miss it yard is all tore up from highway work.

JB1
10-25-2011, 08:01 PM
I grew up with the Boyds. We farmed at a really young age. Back then the big boys were the Robinson Bros from Knox Co. We ran bulldozers you name it. I just cant get over the price of equipment now. When I was farming it was the 1206, 1466 etc. been awhile back. They farm all around me now and between them they probably got 300 semis farm 15000 acres or more and have more dozers and trackholes than you can count. Some really big farmers in Knox Co. also. If your by my way stop by. Just live 1/2 mile south of Bypass 50 on 57 South. Cant miss it yard is all tore up from highway work.

don't they have pulling tractors too?

SouthSide Cutter
10-25-2011, 08:40 PM
don't they have pulling tractors too?

Yeah Tom had a IH and Steve had 3 JD's Tom quit, his son and him just got to big in farming, trucking and grain elevators. Steve just sold 2 of his. Lucas and him are pretty good friends. He is big in dirt work, cranes, farming and runs over a 100 flatbed semis. He told me the other day they are working in North Dakota laying gas lines!!!
When we were young teens we work around the clock farming and trucking. Just learned to do everything on the farm with them.

r.eckley
10-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Is The bridge closed at New Albany IN.? we are staying there i hope i can find my way to the expo from there. I cant believe they closed that big bridge completely must have in bad shape.

JB1
10-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah Tom had a IH and Steve had 3 JD's Tom quit, his son and him just got to big in farming, trucking and grain elevators. Steve just sold 2 of his. Lucas and him are pretty good friends. He is big in dirt work, cranes, farming and runs over a 100 flatbed semis. He told me the other day they are working in North Dakota laying gas lines!!!
When we were young teens we work around the clock farming and trucking. Just learned to do everything on the farm with them.

I met one of them one nite at French Lick playing blackjack, and we got talking, pretty nice guy.

JB1
10-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Is The bridge closed at New Albany IN.? we are staying there i hope i can find my way to the expo from there. I cant believe they closed that big bridge completely must have in bad shape.

they say they will have it fixed and opened by March, they have been wanting to build a bridge on the east side of louisville for thirty years to complete a loop. there a lot of politics in play on this bridge being closed.

MCLC
10-25-2011, 10:45 PM
http://stormhighway.com/blog2011/oct1611a.shtml

SouthSide Cutter
10-26-2011, 08:24 AM
I met one of them one nite at French Lick playing blackjack, and we got talking, pretty nice guy.

That would have been Steve. When we were younger, where you would see one of us you would see the other. We rode motorcycles to school in the seventh grade, hide them in a ditch then off to the farm after school. Man thought that was something a 60CC Bridgestone!!!!!
Anyway the traffic looked the worst getting back on 64 in Louisville than going to the fairground. Paper said 13 million to fix it. I think about it falling and the one at Evansville every time I cross them. Thinking a big quake will hit when I am on them!!!!!!! Dont know when it was built but the ones in Evansville I believe were in the late 50's or 60's.

JB1
10-26-2011, 08:27 AM
That would have been Steve. When we were younger, where you would see one of us you would see the other. We rode motorcycles to school in the seventh grade, hide them in a ditch then off to the farm after school. Man thought that was something a 60CC Bridgestone!!!!!
Anyway the traffic looked the worst getting back on 64 in Louisville than going to the fairground. Paper said 13 million to fix it. I think about it falling and the one at Evansville every time I cross them. Thinking a big quake will hit when I am on them!!!!!!! Dont know when it was built but the ones in Evansville I believe were in the late 50's or 60's.

they kind of left out the fact that the cracks date back to 1962 when they built it, they have been there all this time.