PDA

View Full Version : Customer I dropped is screaming BBB....

rywnygc
10-25-2011, 06:19 PM
I recently dropped a customer who was a huge PITA. She called me today about a job I did over two months ago and told me to come do it again. I told her that I won't ever step foot on her property again and she said she was calling the BBB. Is this something I should worry about, or is the BBB pretty much a thing of the past? I received payment AFTER the job was completed. She is just mad because I dropped her.

Is a BBB complaint is something to worry about? If so, what should I do to prepare for this? I have already set her file aside, with all payments and work completed laid out.

Dr.NewEarth
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
She has no grounds to lodge a complaint. I wouldn't get stressed about her idle threats. The BBB is a joke in my opinion. Read some of the previous threads on them.

lawn
10-26-2011, 12:02 AM
BBB will send you a letter or call you regarding this matter. The best thing to do is to RESPOND to them,otherwise the negative report will be always there.
I dropped a client a few years ago, she was so upset that she made a complaint to BBB, first I did not bother responding because to me she was not worth it at all (SHE HAD A MASTER DEGREE ON PITA) but the negative report was there until somebody from BBB gave me the advice to respond to it so they will close the case and it will NOT show under your company name anymore, so i did respond telling them the truth, and they did close the case! so that is why I am giving you the advise to respond, it's for your own benefit not for her. In my opinion BBB is worthless, plus they are bias, if you are a member they treat you differently, it was shown and proved on a TV report. Good luck! and keep us posted!:rolleyes:

Dr.NewEarth
10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
BBB will send you a letter or call you regarding this matter. The best thing to do is to RESPOND to them,otherwise the negative report will be always there.
I dropped a client a few years ago, she was so upset that she made a complaint to BBB, first I did not bother responding because to me she was not worth it at all (SHE HAD A MASTER DEGREE ON PITA) but the negative report was there until somebody from BBB gave me the advice to respond to it so they will close the case and it will NOT show under your company name anymore, so i did respond telling them the truth, and they did close the case! so that is why I am giving you the advise to respond, it's for your own benefit not for her. In my opinion BBB is worthless, plus they are bias, if you are a member they treat you differently, it was shown and proved on a TV report. Good luck! and keep us posted!:rolleyes:

The BBB was caught playing favorites with their members in a TV report here too! (Vancouver, B.C.)

They were (allegedly) continually covering up a sleaze ball construction contractor that was a member and paid for a yearly ad with the BBB.

When I complained about a strata (HOA) that wouldn't pay for services rendered, (BBB said) they wouldn't do a thing about it because neither of us were members.

GreenI.A.
10-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Do a search of the previous post. I have told my story of my past with BBB. I was notified of a bs complaint and the BBB rep said it would be removed right away if I joined. I got them to put that in writing for me, and I then thretened to sue if they did not remove it or if they ever listed another unfounded complaint about my company again. The complaint was removed right away