PDA

View Full Version : WHY power locks???

bubble boy
11-12-2002, 07:08 PM
okay i guess i know why they put em in but i am just waiting for the day they go. with the guys (and me) leaving windows open in the rain they just get drenched.

and i like plowing with the windows wide open...i can't help but think they could put the buttons elsewhere.

Green Pastures
11-12-2002, 07:10 PM
What the heck is your gripe, I'm not sure I understand what it is you dont like about power locks.

bubble boy
11-12-2002, 07:31 PM
it's not necessarily that i don't like them. i am just waiting for the point when all the moisture that is seeping into the "button area" causes failure...unless there is a reason this won't happen?

mdb landscaping
11-12-2002, 09:03 PM
i plow with the window down, or partially down too. Maybe put some of those rainguards on so you dont get as much moisture inside.

Randy Scott
11-13-2002, 12:34 AM
Uhh, they do make trucks without power locks. In fact, they're W/T's (work truck). :)

bubble boy
11-13-2002, 10:07 AM
work truck, what would i do with no leather:D

joking of course...

i DO of course realize that they make worktrucks, and would prefer to drive nothing else...:p

i bought this truck because it was on the lot of a dealer i like, and it was the same colour as our other trucks. personally i would have liked to do a bit of searching, but i bought it in dec. so imminent snow was a concern at the time.

really, i consider it a work truck in all other aspects. it's a "landscaper special" with snow plow prep, its a reg cab, 2500HD so its not like some executive wanna be would be buying it. its tough finding a reg cab HD with snow plow prep in anything other that white here. i just know i don't miss the power windows when i'm not in this truck.

i just fear the day i'm driving and the bloody window won't go up...

Swampbeast
11-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Hmm. I dont think you should be to concerned. My F-350 has never had anything go wrong with its power locks or windows. And they have been drenched by saltwater and rain lots of times. If they do go out, just take the door off and replace the servos and wires. Its not very hard. Just go get the parts list for your specific truck.

:cool: