PDA

View Full Version : backup mower questions

osmann_lawn
10-26-2011, 06:17 PM
New to the business. I started this year late with a cub cadet sltx1050, echo trimmer, blower & edger. 12ft trailer & a truck. I am spending 2,000 in advertising (door hangers, postcards, newspaper ad's, truck magnets etc..). I always maintain my equipment looking to get a push mower something that is close to commercial as my budget allows, i have been lookin on cragislist.org for commercial walk behind mowers but nothing that is good that i have seen. I found a 33' Troy-Bilt Commercial Walk Behind mower used for a good price. here is the craigslist link: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/2564669547.html

It looks pretty nice in the pictures. I talked to the owner today he said it was only used residential a few times, no rust, very clean.

If this is not a good mower i was also thinking about buying a NEW Honda push 21 or 22'.

Let me know! i am open to all opinions.

borwicks
10-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I think you can do better. That is not a commercial mower.!!
this is from my area. will do the job.
http://omaha.craigslist.org/for/2664788482.html
this unit isnt bad. has good pumps, enigine and wheel motors.
IMO.
in your area this will be decent.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/grd/2663328634.html

lawnkingforever
10-26-2011, 07:08 PM
That mower will be ok as a backup, do not expect it to hold up for everday use though. It could also be used for fenced in yards instead of using a pushmower. See if the guy will take 400$, I have seen those mowers go for more than that.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnboy dan
10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
pass on it -its junk

osmann_lawn
10-26-2011, 09:11 PM
What is a lot of hours for a commercial mower? What is a lot of hours for a residential mower? I have no idea how old that mower is either does the guy i talked to him today. Anybody know how the quality of the cut is on the troy bilt? I have also been told on this website that the HONDA 21' mower is good and a lot of people on here use it as well.

osmann_lawn
10-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks Borwhicks for looking up those mowers! i have seen that toro on craigslit. I thought that was a lot of hours & rust for the price. but i may be wrong. if i get enough accounts this year i want to be able to get a new Exmark walk behind 48' *building my credit up* I'm 19 and it is hard to find anybody who will give you a credit card or loan. I finally got a credit card 2 months ago. Work full time at the home depot, all the money i get from mowing/landscaping goes right back into the business. I know that this is going to be a very competitive business to get into but i love to do it so i am going to try my best! I think i might go to gateway next year and get a degree in horticulture/landscape management.

borwicks
10-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Commercial mowers. Depends on how there taken care of. But 2000hrs is nothing. My parents have a 123 cub with 1000s of hours. 3rd engine..orginal tranny. When the first one was changed the front pulley was so thin it had spots you could see thru.
Posted via Mobile Device