PDA

View Full Version : What's up with REPs?

Mike Leary
10-26-2011, 07:31 PM
When I was at I.A., dropped off my cards at many booths, hoping to be updated on improvements, etc. The only response I got was from my favorite company (with Rainmaster), Automata. automata-inc.com Thanks, Marsha Morris for being the kind of REP I appreciate.

Sprinkus
10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't get me started, I'll get sued for sure this time. :angry:

irritation
10-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Who gives a rat except you. You would make a good rep spamming forums.:laugh:

Mike Leary
10-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Who gives a rat except you.

All you guys should give a rat's ass about how your suppliers treat you unless you all shop at big boxes. It's not just being taken to lunch, you should know.:nono:

DanaMac
10-26-2011, 09:23 PM
I've never had a good rep relationship from any company. They rarely last long, or because I am a small company they don't have the time. I've been given lunch, products, credit to supplier accounts, shirts/jackets, but no long business partnership.

zman9119
10-26-2011, 10:14 PM
I like free lunch during the winter. Helps me waste away the time.

AI Inc
10-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I've never had a good rep relationship from any company. They rarely last long, or because I am a small company they don't have the time. I've been given lunch, products, credit to supplier accounts, shirts/jackets, but no long business partnership.

I have a good relationship with my HUnter rep. He has been with them for over 10 yrs. Actualy answers his cell when ya call.

FIMCO-MEISTER
10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
People who would be good reps scare the company insiders. A good rep has to be honest and cause sh-t to flow uphill. Whack a mole is the company rule.

txgrassguy
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Personally I have never had good luck with any industry rep save one. All the others were a waste of time and I am not saying cheap, just un-knowledgeable.
I think it is pretty sorry when a rep refers a technical question they won't find the answer too downstream to a contractor. This has happened to me three times - the last one the rep actually wanted me to travel to the construction site to trouble shoot the problem.
When I said how much it would cost his attitude was one of shock - and asked why.
He hasn't called back after I told him that's why I am a contractor and you are a rep changing jobs faster that a crackwhore using condoms.

Stuttering Stan
10-27-2011, 11:40 PM
I have a very good relationship with my Hunter rep but have never heard from RB or other manufacturer reps. We usually have lunch in the winter just to touch base and talk about industry news, products, and rumors. I don't expect freebies. I do expect good customer service and communication.

Waterit
10-28-2011, 01:03 AM
When we actually had a Rainbird rep in our area, I heard from him pretty regularly and got to test-drive a lot of new stuff. Then came the cutbacks and I haven't seen or heard from RB except at the distributor level in about 5 years.

Hear from Hunter rep all the time.

Does Toro have reps, or have they finally conceded defeat?:laugh:

CAPT Stream Rotar
10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
our hunter rep up here is decent..no names..

when we cry he has the powder for our @$$

Wet_Boots
10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
sounds kinky ;)

Mike Leary
10-30-2011, 08:51 PM
when we cry he has the powder for our @$$

I sooner take powder up through my nose.

Wet_Boots
10-30-2011, 09:39 PM
spoken like someone in the music biz :headphones:

mF_t5Ff_N4U

drfrumpy
10-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Hunter rep is great. Toro/Irritrol is a phoney. I avoid the RB rep.