PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Fall Clean Up?

Myk
10-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I was wondering how you guys schedule for leaves. In the past I would wait til all the leaves dropped so I would make one trip to clean up. This year looking at going weekly on the leaves for the regular mowing customers til Dec. to lighten the load of leaves.

Do you guys do leaves weekly or one trip when all leaves fall?
Thanks

Chevy z71
10-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I come every week and bag up with my catch rite 5.8 cubic.

Smallaxe
10-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Do it weekly or so depending on the weather... the rain last weekend means I better get hot on the oak leaves that have fallen before then... I have found yellowing grass in some places already... That of course is the main concern...

Glenn Lawn Care
10-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I do them when the leaves fall. I usually start right after Halloween.

sven1277
10-31-2011, 09:37 AM
We have too many properties for weekly service, so its when they are all down. Its sometimes tough finding the early birds for the first week in November. I tell all our customers to call a few days before they are all down and we will schedule the cleanup

Darryl G
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
I just keep going through my list until I'm done. It ends up being about a 2 week rotation but some get skipped if the grass hasn't grown much and there aren't many leaves down. My high end accounts were weekly until last week. I don't wait until they are all down though...that's when the final cleanup is done and that's often more like a touch-up. I just can't be waiting until all the leaves and down and the lawns are overgrown and then try to get them all done before winter sets in...heck I'm looking at snow on the ground out the window now....what is it that I'd be waiting for, spring?

lawnkingforever
10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I come every week and bag up with my catch rite 5.8 cubic.

Yep. Most of my customers will get weekly until all the leaves are down. These "mini cleanups" are actually faster to do than a regular mow. It is a win for everyone. It keeps me billing through November and the customer gets a clean looking yard. For the yards where all the leaves are down in November they will get a final cleanup. I have a few yards where the leaves do not fall until later. Some of these yards will be scheduled in march for a cleanup at the first available time. Once we get into December, the weather simply is not very cooperative for cleanups.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOW ED
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
I stop by every week and we dual bill most properties. I will mow until late October as well as do partial cleans as needed. A partial clean is anything above what normal mow time would be, I.E. blowing leaves from around the house or double cutting the leaves to mulch them. I don't usually bag anything until the mulched debris is thick. We do a final clean in late November and bill for partial cleans plus the final.
Its easier on me to do it this way so if we get snow anytime at the end of the season I can still bill and have reasonably clean properties. It would be a pain to wait until all leaves dropped and then clean them. There is only so much time in the day and now only so much light too.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Its sometimes tough finding the early birds for the first week in November.

That is so true it's not funny course for us its finding the early birds for the 3rd week in Nov but the first week of clean ups is always a pain to find jobs ready. Sometimes we get ahead of the available work and have to wait for a heavy wind and rain day to get more ready. Then around the end of Nov most of the rest are all ready at once and none can understand how come they weren't done yet they have been down for 2 days where are you .

bobcat48
10-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah for cleanups with leaves bag the yard blow out the landscape bed areas and sidewalks,curbs and blow into lawn and mow it when i leave 95% of the leaves are gone and i mulch but next season i plan to have a z master with grass gobbler or chariot ztr or stander..anyway it works good for me.

metro36
10-31-2011, 09:03 PM
For me it is mainly up to the customer. I tell them that I can continue coming on their scheduled day and bag the leaves at no extra charge. I do charge a small disposal fee it there isn't a place for me to dump on site. I then come back and do one thorough cleanup once the leaves are down.

Some dont like this however. They want me to stop mowing and come after all the leaves are down. I explain that this will cost more but they still take this option.