PDA

View Full Version : Street smart vs. book smart

South Florida Lawns
10-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I got a customer that has his degree in hort. works for the city, nice guy but jeez he just fenced in his back yard with Viburnum odoratissimum but stuck 2 suspensum in the mix of about 20 plants. I was talking to him about it and he didn't even know the difference, I told him that I can switch them out and he was like these are special plants grown in a green house and said I cant get them in that size (7 gallon) and as healthy. I didn't argue with him but had a great laugh in the truck.

Florida Gardener
10-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Jeeeez, what a moeron
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
10-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Sounds like the same Rocket Scientist that design Hwy center landscapes That block drivers vision. Or plant Trees where engineers have 30 Degree curbs for disabled car to get off the road.

Of course Crape Myrtle road center planting look so great in our winter high tourist season. Isn't those bare stick crape myrtle in winter what Florida landscape is all about.

South Florida Lawns
10-27-2011, 10:05 PM

Of course Crape Myrtle road center planting look so great in our winter high tourist season. Isn't those bare stick crape myrtle in winter what Florida landscape is all about.

Haha I wonder about that all the time too.

Patriot Services
10-27-2011, 10:12 PM
We have the county genius that planted Plumbago in the medians. Then the work crews lop them down to foot tall cubes of green sticks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
10-27-2011, 10:53 PM
We have the county genius that planted Plumbago in the medians. Then the work crews lop them down to foot tall cubes of green sticks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hahaha, yup. Ours also have Mn/Fe def. so they are yellow lol
Posted via Mobile Device