PDA

View Full Version : Impact Control Wheel: Scag

MOturkey
10-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Ok, I mentioned in a thread last week about my dealer showing me a caster wheel replacement for Scag mowers, and I went out there to trade mowers today, and asked him about them, and here is what little I know.

It is called the Impact Contol Wheel. The literature says it "utilizes five springs radially to smooth out the bumps and offers an extremely comfortable ride. The springs compress to absorb the energy of the wheel hitting a bump, and then expands to release that energy as the wheel returns to level ground."

It says it is available as a caster tire assembly 13X6.5, and fits the Tiger Cat, Wildcat, and Turf Tiger models. I don't know why it wouldn't fit the Cheetah, as I think they have the same size caster wheels, but it doesn't list it.

Anyway, they are distributed by Midwest Equipment and Supply Co, Inc, a wholesale distributor for Scag and other power equipment in several states. They do have a website, but little info unless you are a dealer, but they have an email contact available, so I suppose if someone wants to contact them, they can try that. The literature doesn't say who the actual manufacturer is. Hope this helps someone.

SouthSide Cutter
10-28-2011, 09:14 PM
They are just south of us. I will give a guy a call tomorrow, kinda want to see them for my self. They have a guy by my house all the time.

djagusch
10-28-2011, 09:51 PM
http://impactcontrolwheel.com/

Quick google found this website. Going to give them a call on Monday.

GMLC
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Looks like a cool idea! Thanks for the website link.

MOturkey
10-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Djagusch, thanks for posting the link. I didn't think to look under the actual product name. From the rather poor pictures on the website, I think the wheels I saw in the flyer are a newer design. My dealer made me a copy of the catalog page, but I guess I've already thrown it away.

c2weech
10-30-2011, 09:44 PM
http://impactcontrolwheel.com/

Quick google found this website. Going to give them a call on Monday.

Let us know what you find out. My only concern is that it uses a solid rubber wheel which is hard as heck. Thus being much harder than an inflatable tire, unless there is alot of suspension travel it seems like it would just be making up for the hardness of the solid tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

mtmower
10-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Subscribed. Looking at a new Hustler this spring and they now have run flats on the front instead of the previous ribbed Carlise tire. I wonder how much overkill a set of these front and back with flex forks and suspension seat would be. Worried I'd scalp on every bump.

grassman177
10-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Saw these at gie, really cool.i would love to try them.about $120a piece
Posted via Mobile Device

c2weech
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Saw these at gie, really cool.i would love to try them.about $120a piece
Posted via Mobile Device

cool is there anymore that you can tell us because the web site is pretty basic? Did they demo them show a video or let you drive a ztr with them on?

More info on what you saw about them please.