PDA

View Full Version : MN leaves not falling, arg

lawncuttinfoo
10-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Latest drop in over 10 years. Could be another bad year for fall cleanups. Last year early snow did not melt and cut season short. Looks like most leaves will remain up till a few days before the snow again, not leaving enough time to complete all the final cleanups.
:cry:

PR Fect
10-28-2011, 01:50 PM
In Wisconsin we started out right on time with some trees. Ash, Honey Locust trees now bare. Birch and Silver Maple falling now. But Sugar Maple and Linden are still "summer green". No hard frost yet in the middle of the state.

Glenn Lawn Care
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I hear ya, these past 2 falls have been sh1tty! We just need some wind and I think we will be ok here!

djagusch
10-28-2011, 09:12 PM
My North Metro stuff is done for the most part just a quick touch up before long. I have one large cemetery still holding leaves but going to start next week and touch it up later as it takes 3 days in it self.

GMLC
10-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Same here. Not all the leaves are down and we got snow last night and 6 inches plus expected this weekend. And I had my november schedule full of fall clean ups!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

SDLandscapes VT
10-28-2011, 10:27 PM
leaves are taking their sweet time here as well. to all you MN guys after living in the TC's for three years I have to tell you that you all have the most fickle, swiftest changing weather ever.

Smallaxe
10-28-2011, 10:50 PM
The pine trees came late , but suddenly and finished up in 2.5 weeks, instead of 3.5 weeks, so their ending date was the same...

First time ever that we've finished up the pine needles before the maple leaves were down...
Nearby some Oaks were already killing the grass by their mass on the turf and the birch weren't even ready to mulch into the turf....

It's seems to be something that is odd... but... of course there must be a reason... knowing "WHY" makes us better... :)

mnglocker
10-29-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm hammering out the fall clean-ups starting this Monday. I figure if the leafs haven't dropped yet, they won't until feb.

MOW ED
10-29-2011, 12:28 PM
I am 20 minutes north of PR and I had been noticing the same thing. Ash and honey locust went quick. I have tons of maples of all varietys to go. What gives? I always thought it had to do woth daylight. We did have a hard frost last night up here so maybe they will start to snap. It has been good for the mowing season however. I still have some (mine included) that are very lush and green. I guess I should start the stepdown process but it is nice to still just mow some lawn.

Glenn Lawn Care
10-29-2011, 01:06 PM
I going to start knocking out clean ups this week even if all the leafs aren't down!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Who cares if the leaves aren't down by snowfall? Then you just call it a season.

Next spring, you can do Spring clean ups, seems simple enough.

ringahding
10-29-2011, 09:40 PM
We been mowing & doing clean-ups all this past week, along with the snow-blowers & plows serviced. Monday FULL-TIME clean up!

djagusch
10-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Who cares if the leaves aren't down by snowfall? Then you just call it a season.

Next spring, you can do Spring clean ups, seems simple enough.

Its called good profit before seasons end. Also during the fall it is a slower time compared to spring when the grass starts growing. Doing leaves in long grass sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Its called good profit before seasons end. Also during the fall it is a slower time compared to spring when the grass starts growing. Doing leaves in long grass sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

can't force mother nature man, go with the flow. When the season's kaput, time to pack it in and go snow. Leaves will be there when it melts off.

djagusch
10-30-2011, 12:03 AM
can't force mother nature man, go with the flow. When the season's kaput, time to pack it in and go snow. Leaves will be there when it melts off.

If you remember this spring. It went from snow and rain to growing grass right away. It was hard just to get the dethatching in with the wet soils and quick growth. I wouldn't have wanted to find time for leaves also.

I don't see sticking snow coming for a while though. Ground is way to warm still. I would guess we have a good 3 weeks before ground temps are close for snow sticking. Just each week it will take longer to get the leaves up due to wet mornings. Glad I have hit most everything once besides a handfull that want to wait plus my cemetery.

ringahding
10-30-2011, 12:22 AM

I AGREE! Just don't lose your CLEAN UP list over the winter season! :laugh:

Martinson9
11-02-2011, 09:39 PM
We did a lot of leaf mulching the first 2 weeks of October. Most of our lawns don't have much on them, but we are sure waiting for the later trees to drop. I'm hoping something happens over this weekend so we can get rolling. Last year it snowed 11 days from today.

mnglocker
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I started the hoohaw of leaf sucking yesterday. Most of the leaves are down for my accounts with the exception of maples, but they don't drop until spring any way.