PDA

View Full Version : Review Ferris IS 5100Z

UMP
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
I would like to review the Ferris IS 5100Z with 72" ICD deck. First off, I want to thank this board for all their useful information. I lurked on here for months before I made a decision and I think it's only fair I give something back in return. This is for my own 24 acre property in which I mow 8 to 10 acres of actual grass, religiously. I am replacing an Exmark Lazer Z with 60" deck that I have owned for 5 years. I am 50 years old and simply can't handle the bouncing, pounding and noise like I used to. If you're 20 or 30 something, single with more than one girlfriend, you might want to stop reading now, just buy a big block Scag with no suspension seat and tear it to pieces :-)

I would like to cover these specific areas that were of importance to me and perhaps to you.

1. Price vs. what you get
2. Weight, bulkiness
3. Height, width
4. Cut quality
5. Ride, noise and speed and build quality
6. Overall impression

At first I have to admit I was a bit shocked at the price tag. Klei mower in Cincinnati did reduce the price somewhat, at least as much or more than anyone else was willing to, but still, $16,500.00 for a mower?!!? However, I think this might fall into the category of "you get what you pay for." The ride is simply amazing, the parts are beefy and well put together. The Caterpillar diesel motor's reputation precedes its own self. It is fairly quiet and smooth once you throttle up. Longevity also has to be figured into this price and I have the feeling that I will pass-on before this mower does. Diesel fuel is also a positive for me, not only will this consume half the amount of fuel per hour compared to a big block, but because I live on a farm, I can get diesel fuel delivered for less than I pay for gasoline. No more hauling five gallon jugs to the gas station. So as far as price goes, it's a hard pill to swallow, but if you can get it down, in the long run I think it will be worth it.

Weight and bulkiness is an issue. After all, this thing weighs as much as a small car. I am afraid that it will get stuck in some wet areas in the spring, so I'll have to follow up on this point. Overall, if you change the path of your mowing, in normal conditions I think ruts should not be a problem. One thing that makes changing mowing paths more possible in the 5100Z is the mowers suspension. On my Exmark lazer Z with Michigan seat I tried to make x paths, but previous rutting, albeit slight from the exmark, made the ride almost unbearable, therefore, I simply kept going over the same paths over and over and over again, good for the ride but not best for appearance or the yard itself. With the 5100z you can ride anywhere, it makes no difference because of the suspension, just go where you want to go. In other words, instead of the mower dictating how and where I mow, I now dictate to the mower what I want. Big difference! You must be careful when maneuvering this thing. It is so monstrous that it will literally mow anything and run over anything without any feedback. This is the closest thing I'll get to driving a military tank. Don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Regarding height and width, I am pleasantly surprised. I was really apprehensive about the size of this thing. Don't get me wrong, this thing is huge and takes some getting used to, however, after a few hours it really gets easy. It's nimble and trimming on the left side is quite easy. I would have to say that in time, this thing is as nimble, if not more so than my Lazer Z. The controls are a bit stiff, but it ends up being more smooth. One other thing that really surprised me was the lack of turf damage. I was sure that I would be ripping up everything. NOT SO. Even going downhill sideways while turning, nothing but grass! I guess it's so big, wide and heavy that it will stick no matter how cockeyed you get it. Still, going downhill while turning and not ripping up the turf was a surprise to me!

Cut quality is excellent. Compared to the old deck, this new ICD deck is MUCH improved. It's a night and day difference. Compared to my exmark, the cut is the same if not better. However, I'm not so sure I like these marbain steel blades. I've had the misfortune of hitting the driveway and some rocks (it's taken some time getting used to the 72" deck) and ended up bending and chipping a blade. In my opinion it's next to impossible to bend back one of these marbain blades and the large chips produced from the rocks made it hard to sharpen out. To make matters worse, having to pay $75.00 for a set of replacement blades just plain sucks. I guess I'll just have to be more careful.

The ride and speed is excellent. After about 10 hours on the Ferris I switched back to the Exmark and WOW, was I shocked. It's one of those times when you say to yourself, "how did I ride this Exmark for this long". The ride is night and day. Don't get me wrong, when you run over a rut, you will feel it, but the jolt is not in the same league. It's like going from a go-kart to an automobile, they both have four wheels and a steering wheel but that's it. I'll pick the automobile every time. I was a bit disappointed in the build quality. Some of the bolts were not tight and my hood lock pin was seriously damaged because some factory bozo forced the hood down without releasing the pin. The welds look OK, but all the splattering was disappointing. The battery tie down strap was missing and some of the fluids were not fully topped off. My dealer said to bring it back and he will make it all good. If you ever buy one of these things, given the 3 cylinder diesels propensity to shake at idle, I would periodically check all the bolts for tightness.

Overall, this thing is really over the top. Logically, it's too much money and I could cut just as well with a big block Scag or Exmark costing MUCH less. However, I'll pick the 5100z every time. Mowing is now a pleasure not a chore, the headphone tunes don't have to be as loud and I don't get headaches or stomach upset mowing after dinner. I can mow faster because it's more comfortable and I can get diesel fuel delivered to my home once a year to a storage tank. If I add all these things up along with the mowers perceived longevity, in the long run I think I'll come out ahead. In short, the dollar cost of the Ferris 5100Z is $16,500.00, the real value to me...........priceless!! Well, not priceless, but I like it! :waving:

StanWilhite
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Instead of a 3 cyl (28 hp) diesel, that 5100 has the 4 cyl (35 hp) diesel doesn't it?

UMP
10-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Instead of a 3 cyl (28 hp) diesel, that 5100 has the 4 cyl (35 hp) diesel doesn't it?

33.5 hp. 3 cyl.

StanWilhite
10-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Congrats on the new mower! That is one heck of a machine!
Stan

douglee25
10-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Any pics?

Doug

UMP
10-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Any pics?

Doug

I will try and post them on monday.

douglee25
10-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks!

Doug

Apples
10-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Congrats UMP! Very nice review.I need some pics, we are about to get a foot of snow dumped on us. I better go out and finnish picking.

Apples
10-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey UMP, I forgot to ask about the deck lift. Do you like it? Is it foot, or hand activated?

MOturkey
10-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Congratulations on your new mower. I'm guessing it will last you a long, long time. Regarding the diesel engine, if you haven't been running diesel equipment, or, even if you have, for that matter, I would highly recommend buying some Howe's Lubricant diesel additive. You can pick it up at an auto supply or truck stop. I drove a diesel truck for 27 years on my job, and the Howe's totally eliminates problems with moisture in the diesel. If you are going to buy fuel once a year, I'd double-dose it (the below freezing recommended concentration).

Have fun with the new mower.

DaddyRabbit
10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Congrats on sheer mowing euphoria :clapping: I hate to say I told ya so but....Nothing else even comes close.

UMP
10-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey UMP, I forgot to ask about the deck lift. Do you like it? Is it foot, or hand activated?

The deck lift is very nice IF you want to go full up. However, when you're coming over something and want to modulate to a medium height on the fly, it just won't work. The other problem is that if you want to do it manually with your foot the pedal is so close to your body you have to be "wee man" from the Jackass movies to be able to operate it manually.

UMP
10-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Congratulations on your new mower. I'm guessing it will last you a long, long time. Regarding the diesel engine, if you haven't been running diesel equipment, or, even if you have, for that matter, I would highly recommend buying some Howe's Lubricant diesel additive. You can pick it up at an auto supply or truck stop. I drove a diesel truck for 27 years on my job, and the Howe's totally eliminates problems with moisture in the diesel. If you are going to buy fuel once a year, I'd double-dose it (the below freezing recommended concentration).

Have fun with the new mower.

Thanks
Will do!

UMP
10-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Here are a few pictures. Rops is off along with seat belts and deck shute.

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=845&pictureid=5349

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=845&pictureid=5359

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=845&pictureid=5354

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=845&pictureid=5353

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=845&pictureid=5351

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=845&pictureid=5356

douglee25
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Damn! That mower is no joke!!

Very nice!

Doug

UMP
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Damn! That mower is no joke!!

Very nice!

Doug

Yeah, It's quite the monster !

4 seasons lawn&land
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
lol, wow. it looks like a big red brick... in an awesome way. Keep off soft ground tho.

Apples
10-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Very nice Ump! Many happy decades together.

synbad
10-31-2011, 11:41 PM
I just bought an Exmark Lazer Z XS 72" and was pumped until I saw these pictures - now I am jealous.

DaddyRabbit
11-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Oh Man, I just noticed that you got lights, Now I'm jealous :cry: I leave my roll bar folded as the thought of 2K + lbs rolling on my dome concerned me greatly.

UMP
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Oh Man, I just noticed that you got lights, Now I'm jealous :cry: I leave my roll bar folded as the thought of 2K + lbs rolling on my dome concerned me greatly.

The lights are a factory option, about fifty bucks I think. I don't think they actually make the lights for the 5100, but the dealer made them fit and it looks perfect with a factory fit switch next to your left thigh.
Yes, the missing rops sometimes concerns me, but this thing is so planted and my property is not very hilly.

UMP
11-01-2011, 09:29 AM
One other thing that really surprised me was the lack of scalping with the 72" deck. The property is what I would call rolling. I scalp about as much as I did with the 60" Exmark deck. Whatever Ferris did with the anti-scalp deck wheels on this ICD deck actually works.

wardrum
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
UMP, I just joined LAWNSITE (1st post...woo-hoo :clapping:) and your review of the Ferris IS5100Z is very timely for me. Like you, I use my mowers (currently two Exmark 72" Lazer Z's) on my own property. We mow about 32 acres with about 20 acres of it being horse pastures. As you can imagine, ride is very important. That is why I started looking at Ferris. I had been leaning towards the 3100Z with a 37 hp Kawasaki DFI engine but, after reading your review, I think I have changed my mind. I called our dealer and he has a 2011 5100Z left that he will sell for $15,600 so I'm thinking seriously about taking it off his hands. :rolleyes:

I do have one question. How does the 5100Z hold on side slopes? We have ditches with moderate slope that we need to mow and I don't want anything less stable than my Exmarks.

Great review by the way....Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

4 seasons lawn&land
11-02-2011, 12:43 PM
15 grand? wow what a deal:rolleyes:

UMP
11-02-2011, 12:51 PM
UMP, I just joined LAWNSITE (1st post...woo-hoo :clapping:) and your review of the Ferris IS5100Z is very timely for me. Like you, I use my mowers (currently two Exmark 72" Lazer Z's) on my own property. We mow about 32 acres with about 20 acres of it being horse pastures. As you can imagine, ride is very important. That is why I started looking at Ferris. I had been leaning towards the 3100Z with a 37 hp Kawasaki DFI engine but, after reading your review, I think I have changed my mind. I called our dealer and he has a 2011 5100Z left that he will sell for $15,600 so I'm thinking seriously about taking it off his hands. :rolleyes:

I do have one question. How does the 5100Z hold on side slopes? We have ditches with moderate slope that we need to mow and I don't want anything less stable than my Exmarks.

Great review by the way....Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Make sure you get the ICD deck. It might be $15,600 because it's the old style deck. I tried the old deck and it was terrible.
This thing is amazing on side hills. It's wide and very heavy. 100% better than my lazer z on slopes.

UMP
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
15 grand? wow what a deal:rolleyes:

Can you pass the Grey Poupon? :laugh:

wardrum
11-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Make sure you get the ICD deck. It might be $15,600 because it's the old style deck. I tried the old deck and it was terrible.
This thing is amazing on side hills. It's wide and very heavy. 100% better than my lazer z on slopes.

Yep, ICD deck with hydraulic lift. Also has flat-free caster wheels and suspension seat. No lights though (we might need to discuss that :hammerhead:)

Thanks for the reply Thumbs Up

Apples
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow! Now that's a deal! What part of the country are you in?

wardrum
11-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow! Now that's a deal! What part of the country are you in?

I'm in Wisconsin. :waving:

UMP
11-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Yep, ICD deck with hydraulic lift. Also has flat-free caster wheels and suspension seat. No lights though (we might need to discuss that :hammerhead:)

Thanks for the reply Thumbs Up

That IS a great deal!

Apples
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM
So wardrum, Are you going to get it?

wardrum
11-15-2011, 01:18 PM
So wardrum, Are you going to get it?

Signed the order for the IS5100 this morning. Thumbs Up

I had made an offer lower than the $15,600 that I had been quoted but the dealer said no so I was reconsidering the IS3100. I ran into the dealer after the football game (GO PACKERS :cool2:) last night and he asked if I was still interested in the 5100. I told him yes but only at my previous offer. I don't know if it was "one-too-many" or what but he said he would take my offer so I scooted down there first thing this morning and signed the order and gave him a downpayment. I should get it next week. They had to order and intall the suspension seat kit.

Thanks again UMP for the great review write-up. My dealer should pay you a commission for the sale.......:drinkup:

douglee25
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Nice!

Doug

UMP
11-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Signed the order for the IS5100 this morning. Thumbs Up

I had made an offer lower than the $15,600 that I had been quoted but the dealer said no so I was reconsidering the IS3100. I ran into the dealer after the football game (GO PACKERS :cool2:) last night and he asked if I was still interested in the 5100. I told him yes but only at my previous offer. I don't know if it was "one-too-many" or what but he said he would take my offer so I scooted down there first thing this morning and signed the order and gave him a downpayment. I should get it next week. They had to order and intall the suspension seat kit.

Thanks again UMP for the great review write-up. My dealer should pay you a commission for the sale.......:drinkup:

Good for you!
One thought, the demo unit I tried before I made a decision had the suspension seat. I did not like it. Combined with the mowers suspension it ended up too bouncy, the suspension going in one direction and the seat in the other. Just something to think about. If you don't like it, you can basically dial out the seats suspension with a knob and just ride on the rubber stops as I do.
Enjoy!

wardrum
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Combined with the mowers suspension it ended up too bouncy, the suspension going in one direction and the seat in the other. Just something to think about. If you don't like it, you can basically dial out the seats suspension with a knob and just ride on the rubber stops as I do.

My dealer basically told me the same thing but I figured that with approx. 20 acres of horse pasture to mow, I would like to try it anyway to see if it would help smooth out the jolts from the uneven ground. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: At worst, I'll just have to disable it.

Apples
11-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Nice job wardrum! Way to stick to your own price. Will they be ordering you a new one for that price? Please keep us posted.

wardrum
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice job wardrum! Way to stick to your own price. Will they be ordering you a new one for that price? Please keep us posted.

Thanks. Nope, that is for a 2011 model in stock (new, never used). Price would have gone up approx. $2,800 for a 2012. I don't know how much of the increase is due to higher dealer profit or actual factory increase but I beat him up a little on price so I suspect most of it might be his profit. Regardless, I'm happy with this deal. :)

pugs
11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks. Nope, that is for a 2011 model in stock (new, never used). Price would have gone up approx. $2,800 for a 2012. I don't know how much of the increase is due to higher dealer profit or actual factory increase but I beat him up a little on price so I suspect most of it might be his profit. Regardless, I'm happy with this deal. :)

The increase is from Ferris. Everything went up but I guess the 5100 really went crazy cause Cat hiked the price of the engines way up.

wardrum
11-17-2011, 01:16 AM
The increase is from Ferris. Everything went up but I guess the 5100 really went crazy cause Cat hiked the price of the engines way up.

We can thank the EPA for a lot of that. :angry: :angry: :angry: I'm involved in the heavy truck industry and it is insane what the EPA regulations have done to truck engine prices.

Apples
11-22-2011, 04:21 PM
So wardrum, Will you be giving thanks for your new 5100?Has it arrived yet? UMP how is your 5100 holding up? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

greencuts
01-30-2012, 10:44 PM
If anyone is using a 5100 72" with the hydraulic deck, have you tried relocating the decklift switch from the control panel to the foot plate? IMO having the switch on the control panel is a terrible design flaw, as you need to take a hand off the control sticks to use it, and the foot lever is impossible to push because you're fighting against the hydro to lift the deck.
As you all know tree roots and stumps can be upon you before you know it, so a quick raise of the deck is essential. Anyone from FERRIS have a solution?
Unfortunately I couldnt demo one before buying. Otherwise an impressive machine.

UMP
03-30-2012, 01:06 PM
If anyone is using a 5100 72" with the hydraulic deck, have you tried relocating the decklift switch from the control panel to the foot plate? IMO having the switch on the control panel is a terrible design flaw, as you need to take a hand off the control sticks to use it, and the foot lever is impossible to push because you're fighting against the hydro to lift the deck.
As you all know tree roots and stumps can be upon you before you know it, so a quick raise of the deck is essential. Anyone from FERRIS have a solution?
Unfortunately I couldnt demo one before buying. Otherwise an impressive machine.

I too have the same problem. My only solution has been to avoid the problem area in the lawn or raise the deck all the way up with the switch and put it down after I pass the problem. I agree with your assessment. It should have a manual operation that actually works in practice so that you can modulate on the fly.
Let me know if you find a solution.

UMP
03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
So wardrum, Will you be giving thanks for your new 5100?Has it arrived yet? UMP how is your 5100 holding up? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Everything is great except for the deck thing mentioned above.
One strange and unexpected thing is the lack of rutting and great traction in the wet. I was sure I was going to create huge mud holes and get stuck in the spring. It ACTUALLY gets better traction and causes LESS rutting than my Exmark. I think the weight is better distributed and the tires are huge....I guess.
Regardless, I love it.
I'm even starting to like the smell of diesel fumes :laugh:

wardrum
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm even starting to like the smell of diesel fumes :laugh:

I hope to be liking them soon myself. It has been too cold around here for the grass to really start growing good so all I've been able to do is get mine out, clean off the dust and wax it. I have never waxed a mower before but this beast just demands the attention. :rolleyes:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r306/tqgb/Wheel%20Estate/IMG_1179.jpg

dwost
03-30-2012, 03:44 PM
VERY nice rigs you have there boys. I've always been a huge fan of their mowers. I really think they do build one hell of a machine.

pugs
03-30-2012, 11:06 PM
I too have the same problem. My only solution has been to avoid the problem area in the lawn or raise the deck all the way up with the switch and put it down after I pass the problem. I agree with your assessment. It should have a manual operation that actually works in practice so that you can modulate on the fly.
Let me know if you find a solution.

I have not played with one in person but was just watching the video on their website...seems like you can pop the deck up over obstacles with the foot pedal fairly easy in the video. Maybe something is hanging up on your 2 machines?

Apples
03-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Can you run the wire and switch up along the steering lever? Maybe put the wire inside the steering lever, like a JD 997. That is the the best place for the switch. Good luck with your mowers,and please keep us updated.

UMP
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I have not played with one in person but was just watching the video on their website...seems like you can pop the deck up over obstacles with the foot pedal fairly easy in the video. Maybe something is hanging up on your 2 machines?

No, unless you're 4 ft tall and have VERY short STRONG legs. It's poorly designed, the pedal is too close to the operator. Even if I could get my leg on the pedal, I would be touching the hand controls with my knee.

UMP
04-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Can you run the wire and switch up along the steering lever? Maybe put the wire inside the steering lever, like a JD 997. That is the the best place for the switch. Good luck with your mowers,and please keep us updated.

Not a bad idea, the problem is you can't keep the deck in mid position with the switch.
Once you let go of the switch (which is constantly pushing the deck up) it lowers itself to the selected mow height.
With the manual foot lever you can keep the deck in mid position.
It's screwed up.

Apples
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
UMP, This sounds just like my 997. I usually just keep my finger on the button,until I pass over the obstacle, then let go. This works for me.Takes a little practice.

UMP
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Follow up to review:
After about 20 hours on the 5100 this spring, I have to say this thing is a monster.
I can mow heavy spring grass as fast as I dare and the engine tone does not change one bit. If I keep the blades sharp (Magna Matic) the ICD deck does a SUPERB job! I could not even imagine a better cut. The best part is after 3+ hours of mowing non stop I feel great. Not worn out at all. IMHO, If you guys can swing a Ferris and you mow yourself, you won't be disapointed.

douglee25
04-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Nice follow up!

Doug

Apples
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the update UMP. I'm glad you like the mower. They are nice!

heather lawn sp
04-14-2012, 03:46 AM
No, unless you're 4 ft tall and have VERY short STRONG legs. It's poorly designed, the pedal is too close to the operator. Even if I could get my leg on the pedal, I would be touching the hand controls with my knee.

My 26 year old 5 foot 6 inch daughter can operate the foot pedal and yes she walks 5 to 10 miles a day for the exercise

pugs
04-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Yah, I forgot about that. I have not been on a 5100 but the 2000's I have been on the pedal is not easy to operate for a larger person if you are actually driving the machine. Generally need to put the drive levers into neutral and swing them out to avoid interference with your leg/knee.

One note on the blades: The ICD has different blades than older decks and mixing them up is a big no no and will lead to a bad cut. Just an FYI if you start having cut issues with aftermarket or non original blades.

lifesgood14
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Great post!... I too have one of these bad boys and am in absolute love with it!

Such a great ride and haven't had any major issues with it.

UMP
04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Yah, I forgot about that. I have not been on a 5100 but the 2000's I have been on the pedal is not easy to operate for a larger person if you are actually driving the machine. Generally need to put the drive levers into neutral and swing them out to avoid interference with your leg/knee.

One note on the blades: The ICD has different blades than older decks and mixing them up is a big no no and will lead to a bad cut. Just an FYI if you start having cut issues with aftermarket or non original blades.

My dealer told me that there are NO aftermarket blades available for this ICD deck. Only factory marbain steel blades.

UMP
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM

I guess that's why they now have the hydraulic switch on the control panel. No need to put into neutral and use the foot pedal.

UMP
04-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Great post!... I too have one of these bad boys and am in absolute love with it!

Such a great ride and haven't had any major issues with it.

One question.
On my exmark, if I saw a stick I wanted to pick up with my mechanical arm extension, I simply came to a stop, opened the controls to neutral, put on the parking brake, pto stays on, picked up the item and went on my way.
With the Ferris, I come to a stop, open the controls to neutral, and if I put on the parking brake, the pto stops.
Is this normal??

johnwright238
04-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for posting, I know a lot of people who need to read this review!

johnwright238
04-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Build a custom attachment arm to do this using 1200# electronic actuators. Because you will not be using it very often, it would outlast the mower. I built a weed eater attachment for a remote control lawn mower once this reminds me of. Not a whole lot to it really.

greencuts
04-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Sorry, I havent been on Lawnsite for a while. The problem with the deck lift has been solved by my dealer, he just put a switch on the deck which duplicates what the console switch does. Also took the spring off the lever which locks the deck in the up position, this stops it engaging everytime you hover the deck over obstacles.
Apparently Ferris are happy with the mods and will implement them at the factory according to Ferris guys here (Aust.) The machine is now a dream to use, i have a 100 hrs up and loving it. I still occasionally use the Kubota zd331 but its like going from a Rolls Royce to a horse and cart (I imagine). Anyway just about to visit your fine country for the first time with a week in NYC! Pity theres no Kubota or Ferris dealers in Manhatten for cheap parts.

Apples
04-20-2012, 04:45 AM
Where did you put the switch? Do you have any pictures?

greencuts
04-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Unlike the Kubota which has an up pedal and a down pedal, this button just raises the deck- once you release it gravity brings it back down, which is more efficient to use. 246003

Apples
04-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Nice job greencuts! That's a much better place for the button. It works the same way my JD 997 does. Good luck with it, keep us posted. Thanks for the pic.

UMP
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Sweet !!!!