PDA

View Full Version : New husky 235 chainsaw won't start

Dixie Bluegrass
10-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I have a friend that bought a new Husqvarna 235 chainsaw from Lowes. He was using it on its first tank when it died. He gave it to me to repair and I can't really figure it out. The piston and bore look good, compression is good. It is getting fuel but it won't fire even once! I have used different spark plugs but it still won't fire. I turned the crank with the plug out and it is sparking.
My thoughts are that the ignition coil is not sending out a hot enough spark, but I can't say for sure. Do ya'll have any suggestions/problems like this? Thanks.

2stroked
10-28-2011, 09:46 PM
spray starting fluid in the spark plug hole and see if it fires.

RTR Landscaping
10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Take it to a dealer.

StihlMechanic
10-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Dump the fuel out and replace with fresh (bought today) fuel and mix oil. Chances are the fuel is stale. Also make sure the chain brake is OFF, those cheap saws dont usually have the power to start with the brake on.

Ridin' Green
10-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Yep, check the chain brake, and check that the chain isn't overly tight on the bar. Far too many homeonwers have no idea how to properly tension a chain, and crank them up too tight. Make sure it is in the bar groove properly and not bound up somewhere. Also check that the choke/start knob is pulled out all the way, which lifts the choke lever up at the same time into the start position. Make sure you are pushing the primer bulb in all the way, and alowing it to come all the way back out before pushing it in again. IHTH

Dixie Bluegrass
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Success! I poured all the old gas out and put in fresh fuel and oil. Adjusted the chain and took the chain brake off. Started up like nothing was ever wrong. Thanks very much.

jvanvliet
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Next time buy a Sthil

GlynnC
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Next time buy a Sthil

Stihls run good on stale fuel????????????????

alexschultz1
11-10-2011, 07:56 PM
btw husky > stihl any day of the week

castlerockmo
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
That husqvarna is a poloun. I have one its ok but not a true husqvarna. But a true husqvarna is much better than a stihl IMHO.
Posted via Mobile Device

RozarLawnCare
11-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Dixie Bluegrass, did you disengage the chain brake or did you take it off like what you wrote? Do not take off a chain brake. That is your best friend.

zak406
11-12-2011, 04:14 AM
I used to have (notice I said used) a husky saw and I delt with this **** all the time, it worked great for the first month we had it after that it was constiantly not wanting to run or start. Took it to the dealer, it would work great for a few weeks and then turn to complete ****. Finally it got scored and i bought a stihl best decision i have made this year