PDA

View Full Version : GIE Expo...Anyone bring a camera???

TLS
10-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Was real close to going this year. Glad I didn't. Will have to plow snow today most likely.

That being said...Over the years there were multiple threads of pictures and info on all the new equipment.

Haven't heard a word or say a picture of anything except that 30" push mower of Toro's.

Anything new ZTR wise from the big manufacturers???

Pictures???

Fire up those cameras/smart phones!!!

BEN2700
10-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Pretty much same stuff except the 30" Toro and they did add a few other products to their lineup this year, chipper, aerator, overseeded

TLS
10-29-2011, 06:51 PM
So nothing new from JD, SCAG, eXmark, Hustler, DC, etc????
Posted via Mobile Device

sjessen
10-29-2011, 06:53 PM
So nothing new from JD, SCAG, eXmark, Hustler, DC, etc????
Posted via Mobile Device

Exmark has the 60"Vantage. Toro and Exmark are beginning to push efi engines on standers, full size walks and some riders. John Deere has the efi on the 925 a. Can't speak for the other manufacturers.

grassman177
10-29-2011, 07:28 PM
the show was great, really liked the 60in toro. really nice and very smooth.

got to drive the toro aerator too, really liked it. of course, kudos to dave for making such a nice machine.

also, loved the zplug, loved it alot. kudos to tom rich, got to meet him and had no idea who i was talking to for a minute. well made machine.

and of course, there was no spill jill!!!! you know what i am talking about if you were there!

Exact Rototilling
10-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

sjessen
10-29-2011, 08:03 PM
the show was great, really liked the 60in toro. really nice and very smooth.

got to drive the toro aerator too, really liked it. of course, kudos to dave for making such a nice machine.

also, loved the zplug, loved it alot. kudos to tom rich, got to meet him and had no idea who i was talking to for a minute. well made machine.

and of course, there was no spill jill!!!! you know what i am talking about if you were there!

i tried to demo the Toro aerator and had trouble turning it around. Is there some special technique? Seems the turfco is easier to operate.

jay12
10-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Talked to the guys with walker. They have a new 52" rear discharge deck, as well as the super b.10 mph , 60 or 74 inch. Great ride as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

MCLC
10-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Poor girl, she seemed very uncomfortable.

DCT
10-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm looking to get a 36" stander, anything new seen at the show.
Thanks

cclllc
10-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I ran a few mowers to see how much speed they had compared to my DC;s.I was really impressed with the Gravely and Ferris.Of course the Super Z always empresses me.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
10-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I ran a few mowers to see how much speed they had compared to my DC;s.I was really impressed with the Gravely and Ferris.Of course the Super Z always empresses me.

How could you compare with all that mud
When DC stop letting ppl ride the DC I told them I wanted to ride and wouldnt let me Till I told them I own 9 DC and drove 530 miles to ride the 4x4 mower and they let ride it
I demo the Trimstar realy like it over all other WB and Im a green horn to a WB
I going back next year This year I was taking it all in no time to realy demo everything spent 80% my time inside
I have pics but I went hunting today and forgot my extra sd card so I had put one out my camera so my pics of the show is in my trail cam

JB1
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
How could you compare with all that mud
When DC stop letting ppl ride the DC I told them I wanted to ride and wouldnt let me Till I told them I own 9 DC and drove 530 miles to ride the 4x4 mower and they let ride it
I demo the Trimstar realy like it over all other WB and Im a green horn to a WB
I going back next year This year I was taking it all in no time to realy demo everything spent 80% my time inside
I have pics but I went hunting today and forgot my extra sd card so I had put one out my camera so my pics of the show is in my trail cam

don't forget the boots next year.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
10-30-2011, 10:28 PM
don't forget the boots next year.

Had mine on But the wife didnt Kinda one reason spent most time inside

JB1
10-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Had mine on But the wife didnt Kinda one reason spent most time inside

Ididn't even go outside, but was talking to a sales girl inside that just came in and she looked like she had been in a hog wallow.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
10-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Ididn't even go outside, but was talking to a sales girl inside that just came in and she looked like she had been in a hog wallow.

Yes when I demo the 4x4 DC I didnt ride it in the mud I took it out the riding area and demo it
I seen one girl look like she rolled in some mud

TLS
11-01-2011, 10:06 AM
So....not much new this year?

And it looks like nobody brought their camera's or fired up they're phone camera's?

In years past, Lawnsite members were like paparazzi!

Jimslawncareservice
11-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I was looking forward to seeing all the new stuff all week. Companies haven't updates their sites yet either with equipment
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
11-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Personally, I just don't think that there was much new in the way of ZTR's.

For instance....these would be great examples...

Newly designed SCAG Turf Tiger

New Diesel eXmark and Toro ZTR's

Kohler EFI's their Big Blocks

Kawasaki introduces engines that dont clatter.

Dixie Chopper introduces a mower without stainless steel sheet metal.

JD introduces a new Diesel ZTR

These would be things I'd want to hear about.

I guess with this economy, companies are playing it safe?

I really thought we'd see more EFI from other engine manufacturers.

JB1
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
the thing i just happened to notice were, the companies had more models in there booths this year, hadn't seen that many in a few years.

mowerbrad
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I, too, would have thought that there would have been more pictures. The last few years everyone seemed to have tons of pictures to share. I had been looking in the picture section to see if a thread came up from GIE but nothing.

I'm haven't been able to get down there before, so I always enjoy seeing the pics and info on the new equipment for the next year.

ed2hess
11-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I didn't know where to post so my 89 pictures will be in the Picture section of Hess lawns 2011. The big value in these shows is not in the basic equipment because there isn't much new. But there was a huge amount of stuff that can help in building a lawn business. In particular the stuff related to turf grass maintenance was very good. We spent two full days and wished we had planned three days. Met several people that we buy stuff from and the lawnsite guys. I wish lawnsite had provided some type of identification for us guys going to the show so we would have had a chance to meet
some of the posters. i would pay to have had it..they could have sold it at their booth.

Exact Rototilling
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Did TORO have any of the Lawn Solutions products for display or.demo...? David talked about some sort of.updated 21" aerator....?
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
11-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Did TORO have any of the Lawn Solutions products for display or.demo...? David talked about some sort of.updated 21" aerator....?
Posted via Mobile Device

There were bunches of those but I mainly looked at theone that could
be mounted in front of a ztr and the tires are lifted up with a crank
to put down force on it. And the tangs rotated....will post that one in picture section of Hesslawns 2011.

sjessen
11-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

They had the rideon aerator, the single hydro walk aerator and the revitalizer. Exmark is selling them also.

BrandonV
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
at least I took my camera, or at least the wife took pics of me

sjessen
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Any of you guys see the battery powered z? The green one. Another guy and I were looking at its deck and noticed the center blade seemed to turn the opposite from the other two. The baffling was really interesting.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Here me and the 4x4 DC
Its realy wasnt a test to flat but I do have my rep going bring me one to try
Boy I know be good for snow mount a power V plow

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 10:50 PM
This one sharp NH Skidsteer

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-01-2011, 11:19 PM
What is that pic of the 4 wheeler with the gang mower mounted on front? Is that a joke? The minute you get any speed up on that 4 wheeler, you will plug the heck out of that mower.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-02-2011, 12:01 AM
What is that pic of the 4 wheeler with the gang mower mounted on front? Is that a joke? The minute you get any speed up on that 4 wheeler, you will plug the heck out of that mower.

Doesnt look like a gang mower its a brushog :hammerhead:

grassman177
11-02-2011, 08:08 AM
I never saw that! What else did I miss!

Those all electric ztrs were neat.but how long was the charge to last?
Posted via Mobile Device

sjessen
11-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I never saw that! What else did I miss!

Those all electric ztrs were neat.but how long was the charge to last?
Posted via Mobile Device

One guy said 8 hours.