PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Super Surfer questions

GreenGiant94
10-29-2011, 12:31 PM
I heard a while back that Great Dane went out of business or something of that sort. Is this true? If so can you still get parts for them and are they good mowers? I found a 07 super surfer 52" deck with 600 hours and in good shape. I think for $1700 its a good deal. What do you all think? Ohh yeah, anyone know if you can still get a mulch kit for these? Thanks

Hangtastic
10-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I heard the same thing, a dealer told me that their last model year was 2011. Since the Gravely's are the same machines you may be able to get parts for the Great Danes from a gravely dealer.

GreenGiant94
10-29-2011, 08:13 PM
I heard the same thing, a dealer told me that their last model year was 2011. Since the Gravely's are the same machines you may be able to get parts for the Great Danes from a gravely dealer.

Ok good info thanks. So the gravely stander is the exact same? So a gravely mulch kit might fit the great dane?

j-ville native
10-29-2011, 08:20 PM
They were bought out by Ariens. Yes the Gravely Pro-stance is very similar but I wouldn't trust that it is exactly the same.

GreenI.A.
10-29-2011, 08:43 PM
The machines are very simular and many parts are interchangeable, but some parts are spacific to the machine to make the Dane and Gravely different other than their color