PDA

View Full Version : Using a leaf loader to unload your truck?

sweetland
10-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone. There is always a lot of complaining about unloading your leaves from your truck but I was wondering of you could use your leaf loader to unload these same leaves?
Posted via Mobile Device

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
10-29-2011, 02:33 PM
You definitely can but I would think it may take you a while. There are a few other threads recently that discussed similar topics. Maybe take a search some guys had good ideas on unloading their trucks. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
You can but it's slow. Better off just raking them out in my experience. Tried it once with a friend when his dump died with a full load in it. Once they're shredded up and packed in from driving around they don't suck too well. We loosened with a pitch fork and then pushed/pulled them out with landscape rakes after trying to vac them.

dfor
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
A pitchfork will be much faster. I wouldn't even consider the leaf loader to unload the leaves.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Dump is the way you want to go but if it is a pick up and it doesn't dump. Then I see your problem but using the vac will cost you a lot more in fuel and double the wear and tear on the vac. And if you haven't had to replace impellers and liners and tubes and hoses yet you won't know what I am talking about. But if you have you wouldn't even consider using the vac id probably throw the pitch fork at my employees if I saw them doing that but maybe that's just me course I'm the one that has paid thousands in the last 9 years replacing those parts not them.