PDA

View Full Version : sq footage - iphone app or software

FLC2000
10-29-2011, 07:15 PM
I really didnt know what forum to put this in but does anyone know of an app that would allow me to punch in an address and get the square footage of a property? Or software I could use to do it?

Im tired of taking the time to measure out big winding properties and not getting reliable #s.

Thanks.

jequigle
10-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Most of the time zillow has the sq ft of the lot.

FLC2000
10-29-2011, 09:35 PM
thanks. ill check it out.

johnsonslawnmanagement
10-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Imapmeasure for iphone. Can type in address or when I'm at the property for the estimate I tap "center" and it centers on my exact location. You can drop pins around the property and get measurements. Fast and simple.
Posted via Mobile Device

jequigle
10-29-2011, 10:05 PM
I have the iphone and searched for imapmeasure and did not find it. Is it an app or a website?

jequigle
10-29-2011, 10:07 PM
nvmd I found it. Searched iMap..

FLC2000
10-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Imapmeasure for iphone. Can type in address or when I'm at the property for the estimate I tap "center" and it centers on my exact location. You can drop pins around the property and get measurements. Fast and simple.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great. Thanks. Im going to check that out also.

HBFOXJr
11-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Has a fee, but beats driving if the property is not in a heavily treed area. Lots of useful features beyond lot size. You can also measure neighboring properties and well.

HBFOXJr
11-01-2011, 12:57 PM
nvmd I found it. Searched iMap..

Would you post a link, please?

johnsonslawnmanagement
11-02-2011, 07:09 PM
The fee is worth it. It's similar to "goilawn" but way cheaper. I rarely drive out to estimates for mowing or weed control anymore. Saves lots of gas and walking to measure
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth
11-02-2011, 09:57 PM
|Use the cities G.I.S. map on line.

phillie
11-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I found an app called Imap but it doesnt say it measures the property. I looked for Imapmeasure and couldnt find it at all. Any help?

johnsonslawnmanagement
11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
It's map measure by fourway technologies ( app store search: map measure.) it's $.99.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
11-04-2011, 02:28 AM
OK, I downloaded it.. It doesnt measure sqft does it..Just length and width. I think it would work great for on the spot estimates. If I am at home I still will use findlotsize.com. It takes sometime to get used to but is pretty accurate.

HBFOXJr
11-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Any non iPhone apps useful for us green guys?

johnsonslawnmanagement
11-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Simple L x W will get your estimated sq.ft. Just open it when I'm at the job and hit "center" andit shows my exact location.
Posted via Mobile Device

Torchwood
11-04-2011, 11:03 PM
OK, I downloaded it.. It doesnt measure sqft does it..Just length and width. I think it would work great for on the spot estimates. If I am at home I still will use findlotsize.com. It takes sometime to get used to but is pretty accurate.

Length times width is square footage :)
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
11-05-2011, 05:42 PM
haha, I know. I was just thinking it was like findlotsize.com. I'm not knocking it at all, I have actually been using it for plowing estimates. findlotsize.com actually measures sqft for you was what I meant. I dont have an issue doing the math, just thought it was different than it is.

AztlanLC
11-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Measure map is better and you can download the lite version for free it tells you the square footage "measure map" by victor alonso not the map measure by four ways
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
11-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Yep, I bought pro just now after reading your reply. This was what I was expecting out of the other one. Its a 2 dollar app and worth it. Thanks for that help.

shade tree landscaping
01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.

grassmasterswilson
01-03-2012, 12:43 PM
wonder if there is an app that will measure out the property as you walk? I worked for an ag company early on and we measured fields for soil sampling with a gps unit. I like to meet with the clients and discuss their options and upsells.

phillie
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
i know this is an older hgtread but Techo-Bloc has a sq ft messuraing in their app. You need to walk it but is effective and does odd sizes too.

Here Wilson^^^..I think I would use that to if I needed to meet a customer on the lawn. If I can do it over the phone I'll continue to use measure map. Check it out Shade tree, it's pretty nice.

mckservices
02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.

phillie
02-29-2012, 11:17 PM
We use Google earth pro on a desktop witch is nice because you can save photos with the measurements in hi-res. We file them for future bidding & to present to the customer with the proposal.

You can do this with the measure map app for Iphone. The app costs $2 and google pro costs $400/year?

GW Andy
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
03-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Just downloaded the imap app. It's great!! I'm at home testing on wifi, so i hope it works jsut a good on the 3g network. But this will definitely save time and gas!! Thanks Guys

MaddogsEdge
03-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Check this website out. It uses Google Maps data.

http://www.acme.com/planimeter/

Snapper Jack
03-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey if you want to measure on a computer check out Free Map Tools. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm#content
You can get real accurate if you use full screen and don't show the markers. It's easy to move your points after they are placed. I just make a big continuous loop around the outside of the yard and then back around the house and drive to subtract it and end up bake where you started. Just as easy as I Go lawn and it's free.
Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.

Landscape Poet
03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Just down loaded it,modern technology at best,just zoomed in on my house. Just need to take the time to figure it out. Thanks for sharing the links.

I fail to see how this would help give you a accurate measurement down here.. I did my property which came up to .170 acres or 7405 square feet. This is the lot size but not the the turf size. The turf size is actually 3450 square foot being generous.
This would mean if I was to bid my property using only this site my price would be twice as high as my price if I were to properly measure of use tools that give more exact details like goilawn

Snapper Jack
03-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Just got to play around with it a bit and came to the same conclusion

phillie
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
I know Ive said map measure a few times but have you guys tried findlotsize.com? It takes a few tries to get used to it but if you dont have an Iphone I would recommend that site.