PDA

View Full Version : Bought Husqvarna PZ5226FX Today

danrclem
10-29-2011, 10:50 PM
I bought a Husqvarna PZ5426FX today. I bought it for what I thought was a very good price. It is built extremely well, has a suspension seat and has independent pump and wheel motors. It has a 26 hp Kawasaki FX engine. I really wanted the PZ6029FX but there was quite a bit of difference in the price tag. I guess the dealer figured that he could move the 60" deck a lot easier. I looked at several brands and it came down to price and quality and I came home with this one. I haven't mowed with it yet but it seems to handle very well. I'll post some more information on my opinion after I use it a little while.

GreenGiant94
10-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Congrats on the purchase!!! Yes please do post more info once you have tried it out. And some pics would be awesome haha!! Im very interested in this model. The 60" model does seem more popular so id like to hear how this model does and with the different size engine. Thanks!

crocs27
10-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Congrats, I got a pz6034fx this spring and have not had one issue with it. It's been a beast. Hope you enjoy

danrclem
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/danrclem/075.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/danrclem/074.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/danrclem/073.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/danrclem/072.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/danrclem/071.jpg

danrclem
10-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I posted pics in the post before this one.

I have logged in 1.8 hrs. on the PZ5426 and am impressed. I was mowing moist hilly uneven terrain and it handled the hills very well. The cut is good, the SS is great and the mower handles very well. The Kawasaki 26 hp engine is more than adequate. The mower is built very well and weighs in at 1260 lbs. I wanted the 60" deck but the 54" only loses 6" per pass so I don't think that's a big negative. I would rather have 24 tires instead of the 23s for traction purposes even though on flat ground it wouldn't matter. I don't think I'll be changing my first impression of this mower even after I put more hours on it.

If you don't have to have a 60" deck and you don't need the 29 hp engine then I think this mower would more than satisfy most people. I also think that if more people looked at and tried the Husqvarna PZ series that they would be pleasantly surprised.

Darryl G
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm surprised these machines haven't caught on more since they were introduced. It seems to me that have everything a quality commerical mower should. I'd be very interested in any experience you guys have with the cut quality in tough, lush conditions.

castlerockmo
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Congrats I have the 6029 love it
Posted via Mobile Device

Federal Lawn Company
10-31-2011, 08:21 AM
I posted pics in the post before this one.

I have logged in 1.8 hrs. on the PZ5426 and am impressed. I was mowing moist hilly uneven terrain and it handled the hills very well. The cut is good, the SS is great and the mower handles very well. The Kawasaki 26 hp engine is more than adequate. The mower is built very well and weighs in at 1260 lbs. I wanted the 60" deck but the 54" only loses 6" per pass so I don't think that's a big negative. I would rather have 24 tires instead of the 23s for traction purposes even though on flat ground it wouldn't matter. I don't think I'll be changing my first impression of this mower even after I put more hours on it.

If you don't have to have a 60" deck and you don't need the 29 hp engine then I think this mower would more than satisfy most people. I also think that if more people looked at and tried the Husqvarna PZ series that they would be pleasantly surprised.

I hear ya on the PZ...I've logged abour 30 hours on my new PZ 6034, and I can tell you that I LOVE the thing. In my opinion, it's HANDS DOWN the most well designed Z on the market right now...and the price it RIGHT...$8499 down here in NC with GE Credit, 3 years, no interest. I'd recommend going with the 34 Kawi AND a Mulching Kit...I wouldn't cut without one...it is a BEAST, Y'all. Check my other posts...I've bragged about it so much, I think Husq should give me a commission! Check out the name in the pic...it says it all.

GMLC
10-31-2011, 09:05 AM
I must say they look very well built!! Any cut quality pics? I would say anyone in this price range should check these out and compare to Bad Boy, Bobcat and Snapper Pro. We may have a winner.
Posted via Mobile Device

danrclem
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
I must say they look very well built!! Any cut quality pics? I would say anyone in this price range should check these out and compare to Bad Boy, Bobcat and Snapper Pro. We may have a winner.
Posted via Mobile Device

I looked at the Bad Boy and it's built very well but I was leary about the B&S engine. The Kawasaki engine takes the price up quite a bit.

I also looked at the Snapper Pro and the only thing that I didn't like was the 10 gauge deck vs the 7 gauge of the Husqvarna. I don't know if that would make a difference long term or not but I was afraid to take a chance.

I really didn't take a close look at the Bobcat but everyone says that it's a good machine.

GMLC
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I looked at the Bad Boy and it's built very well but I was leary about the B&S engine. The Kawasaki engine takes the price up quite a bit.

I also looked at the Snapper Pro and the only thing that I didn't like was the 10 gauge deck vs the 7 gauge of the Husqvarna. I don't know if that would make a difference long term or not but I was afraid to take a chance.

I really didn't take a close look at the Bobcat but everyone says that it's a good machine.

I think you made a great choice. Keep us up to date on the performance.

Dylan's Lawn Care
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Post some pics of the cut.

Ridin' Green
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM

They are very nice machines, and they oughta cut great. Their deck is an almost exact copy of the 7 Iron deck from Deere. How they are getting away with it is a mystery though, since Deere is very protective of their patented products.

Check out the pics in this thread-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=357346&page=5

dtc0207
10-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Because Husqvarna has more money actually the husky deck is an ultra cut design copy
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Because Husqvarna has more money actually the husky deck is an ultra cut design copy
Posted via Mobile Device

More money than who? Deere?
Not hardly.

The Husky deck is much closer to the 7 Iron bro. Take a god look at the pics again. Even the step, and gauge wheels are a close copy of the 7 Irons.

dtc0207
10-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Deere revenue 2010 26 billion Husqvarna 32 billion I think husky wins also Deere deck is stamped the Husqvarna deck is fabricated with a rolled front edge if you look at the underside you will see that the baffle designed was stolen from Exmark just like what feris did that is why toro is suing briggs bro
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
10-31-2011, 10:00 PM
You're right about the revenues for 2010. That's a bit suprising to me seeing as how most of Husky's sales are small ticket items with small price tags compared to the average Deere sale, and would take many, many of them to equal one average sale of a Deere product, but figures are figures and I can't argue with them.

The fact that Toro is suing Briggs has nothing to do with this deck though. If it did, Toro would also be suing Husky. No one in their right mind can argue that the Husky deck isn't a near replica of the 7 Iron Pro deck, partial fab or not.

Since I don't want to further hi-jack the OP's thread, I'll make no further comment here about this. You do as you wish.

danrclem
11-01-2011, 01:33 AM

Here's a thread about 2 years ago when the model was first developed. It has some pics of the mower and cut but I think this was with a 60" deck.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=288680&highlight=blade+engagement

danrclem
11-01-2011, 01:46 AM

Same thread as other but different page. Post #60.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=288680&highlight=blade+engagement&page=6