PDA

View Full Version : little wonder leaf loader disapointing

howden86
10-29-2011, 10:01 PM
I ust bought a 16 horsepower little wonder truck loader and to me it is disapointing. There are leaves in it that are almost whole and does not seem to be shredding even 5 to 1. It does not pack them either. I could get probably the same amount of leaves in my old way and load quicker. We are only on our second tank of gas Any suggestions

JABBERS
10-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I had an 8hp back in the 90's that did just fine.

Richard Martin
10-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Is the Talon Ring in place? It's a star looking shredder that goes on the front of the impeller.

luis@NJ
10-30-2011, 10:13 AM
I ust bought a 16 horsepower little wonder truck loader and to me it is disapointing. There are leaves in it that are almost whole and does not seem to be shredding even 5 to 1. It does not pack them either. I could get probably the same amount of leaves in my old way and load quicker. We are only on our second tank of gas Any suggestions

Not trying to be funny but do you have the throttle up all the way?

howden86
10-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes the talon ring is in and we do run full throttle.

luis@NJ
10-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes the talon ring is in and we do run full throttle.

Im curious to see what it is. So let us know if you find a solution.

Agape
10-30-2011, 02:03 PM

maybe you should take it back b4 the time has too much passed.

TLS
10-30-2011, 02:31 PM
What are you comparing it to? Maybe your expectations are too high?

Don't know your location, but with this crazy weather we've had this year, maybe the leaves are tougher?

I had a 90's 8hp Little Wonder Push blower that had hose attachments that made it a loader. It shredded things up real fine and all it had was 4 straight impeller blades and 8" hose.

howden86
10-31-2011, 09:09 PM
i used a jrco leaf plow on a 27 hp grasshopper and pushed them in a 10 foot trailer. today when the trailer was full my helper climbed in the trailer and climbed around and packed the leaves down by half. i did not think I had to do that.

Lbilawncare
10-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Shred them with the mower first and report back to us, should pack the truck a lot tighter.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-31-2011, 11:31 PM
i used a jrco leaf plow on a 27 hp grasshopper and pushed them in a 10 foot trailer. today when the trailer was full my helper climbed in the trailer and climbed around and packed the leaves down by half. i did not think I had to do that.

Been doing that for close to 20 years. We always run into the box filling up before the pile is done and 95% of the time we can compact it enough to finish the job before dumping. On the real bad ones we sometimes go in and out of the box 3-5 times to make it all fit each time compacting a little more. It's not a big deal just part of keeping your trips to your dump site down. It of course becomes a lot more fun when the sun goes down and your still on the vac and hour later you need to make room and can not see what you are doing and you got 3 guys int he box all trying to finish so they can get to go home.

pugs
11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
How wet or dry are the leaves?

howden86
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
the leaves are on the damp side, not wet but not bone dry either.

thanks