PDA

View Full Version : Toro Proline 14 clutch removal

jas53
10-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I've got an older (1994) Proline and haven't been able to find the secret to removing the clutch assembly. The manuals don't seem to cover it, so maybe it's so simple that I just can't see the nose on it's face!
Anybody know?
Thanks, J

StihlMechanic
10-30-2011, 04:26 AM
What problem are you having, the bolt? Best to use an air impact to remove the bolt. At this point it should slide off, maybe with some help if its been on a while. Make sure to disconnect the connector first.

Now this is assuming it is an electric clutch on a walk-behind. Whats the model number?

jas53
10-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. The model # is 30176. I should have mentioned that other than never having worked on one of these great old machines, the initial problem I'm having is keeping the engine shaft from turning when trying to remove the bolt at the bottom of the clutch assembly, which I assume (maybe wrongly) is what needs to be done to remove the clutch.
Can you advise?

StihlMechanic
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes, turning the bolt by hand is tough, the engine will turn. Use an impact to remove the bolt. It will zip right out.

jas53
10-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks,
Wouldn't have thought that the impact wrench would overcome the lack of resistance on the free turning shaft and spin the bolt free of the shaft. I'll give it a try.