PDA

View Full Version : New Apt contract

clyde
10-31-2011, 03:35 AM
I am fixing to go into a contract with an apt complex thats pretty big. The manager gave the old lawn service the 30days required notice. I was preparing things and called the GM and told him I ll be by Monday with contract. He said ya I wanted to talk to you about the contract because sometimes it doesn't need cutting. So I am thinking, I am not signing a contract with this guy thats going to try to screw me over... and go cheap.

No one can dedicate a crew for an entire day of every week and then have 3 or 4 weeks of no work/pay. What do you do with a crew of guys when you have them dedicated to an account for49 weeks for example.

The GM is wanting to look pretty to his Upper management that's what it boils down to.

Anything to add to contract ? Any one else had issues like this? Its a good account. CLean and dry as far as what to do. It would be like cutting a University , everything is laid out pretty neatly.

Stillwater
10-31-2011, 03:49 AM
simply explain to the GM seasonal contracts need to be quantifiable, (he knows this) address his needs by simply asking him how many cuts he wants for the season. if you cant meet his needs he will most likely find someone who can. I suggest a more positive attitude

olebrooklawn
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I am fixing to go into a contract with an apt complex thats pretty big. The manager gave the old lawn service the 30days required notice. I was preparing things and called the GM and told him I ll be by Monday with contract. He said ya I wanted to talk to you about the contract because sometimes it doesn't need cutting. So I am thinking, I am not signing a contract with this guy thats going to try to screw me over... and go cheap.

No one can dedicate a crew for an entire day of every week and then have 3 or 4 weeks of no work/pay. What do you do with a crew of guys when you have them dedicated to an account for49 weeks for example.

The GM is wanting to look pretty to his Upper management that's what it boils down to.

Anything to add to contract ? Any one else had issues like this? Its a good account. CLean and dry as far as what to do. It would be like cutting a

University , everything is laid out pretty neatly.

What the name of the place. I will love to bid on it if you don't want too.

MarkintheGarden
11-06-2011, 06:44 PM
simply explain to the GM seasonal contracts need to be quantifiable, (he knows this) address his needs by simply asking him how many cuts he wants for the season. if you cant meet his needs he will most likely find someone who can. I suggest a more positive attitude

Absolutely the right advice, especially the last sentence.

clyde
11-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I got contract thanks everyone.....

The Guy was just moody, is , perhaps will always be... if you know what i mean...:dancing:

JDiepstra
11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Clyde, you dont mow a lawn that doesnt need mowing just cause you want money. Thats shady.

clyde
11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
What are you talking about?

There is 2 acres of concrete and a ton of flowerbeds to take care of.
Anyway I am not going there. Its bed time....