PDA

View Full Version : New Kubota ZD326P

DieselHolic
10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
We just picked up a 2011 Kubota ZD326P with 0.0 hours on it while Kubota was having the 0% financing for 5 years deal. We demo'd EVERY maker out there and it came down to Ferris and Kubota. we were going to go with the Ferris 4500Z with the 28 horse Cat, but for $1200 bucks more it wasn't worth it. The Kubota is amazing, it is the most solid machine I've ever sat on, everything is made by Kubota and really is an amazing machine. Hopefully ill get some pics up soon.

K & K Mowing
10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Bought one this past year. Like it a lot. The only issue is that with the heavy weight it dosen't like hillsides so much. Problem today is that it's still stuck in the snow from yesturday. No mowing today as was planned last week:mad:. I guess now a sure early end to the mowing season here.

TNGrassCutter
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
How do you guys like the cut quality and clipping dispersal of these machines? Any comparisons to other brands?
Posted via Mobile Device

K & K Mowing
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Dispersal of clippings is pretty good even if the grass is somewhat wet. It only gets to be an issue if the grass is over 8" and say your cutting off 4"+ of the 8" which I actually do quite often. As long is it isn't wet it will still throw it out pretty good.

DieselHolic
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
How do you guys like the cut quality and clipping dispersal of these machines? Any comparisons to other brands?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Pro deck is amazing, 6.5" deep, you can watch long blades of grass be sucked up under it when you go slow. the blades are set quite far back from the leading edge of the deck so the grass stands up straight before it is cut, the stripe is amazing even without a striping kit. The cut quality is 2nd to none, i was impressed. The discharge chute on the pro decks is insanely wide, the thicker or longer the grass is, the farther it throws it. I mowed some really wet long stuff the other day and it doesnt shoot out big clumps, just tiny ones that arent noticable and do not require double cutting.
I'm impressed so far, and like i said, we demo'd every brand.

DieselHolic
10-31-2011, 04:20 PM
I need a collection system, really wanting a quick dump set up. Looked at Protero, nice looking stuff, about 3k to my door, and the kubota collection system is just over 3k. any other companies i should know about?

Ridin' Green
10-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Congrats on your new mower!

I'm a Deere fan, but those Kubby's are really nice machines. I'd be proud to have one myself. I have looked at them several times now. I like the wider range of diesel options than most other companies offer too.

You need to try the Gator G6's in that thing now. You'll be really impressed with what they do, especially to grass clippings. Seldom does a product come along that impresses me as much as they have.

DieselHolic
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Congrats on your new mower!

I'm a Deere fan, but those Kubby's are really nice machines. I'd be proud to have one myself. I have looked at them several times now. I like the wider range of diesel options than most other companies offer too.

You need to try the Gator G6's in that thing now. You'll be really impressed with what they do, especially to grass clippings. Seldom does a product come along that impresses me as much as they have.

Thanks! I do love deere too, (the 997 was too heavy for us) but diesel runs thru our veins, plus with the low fuel consumption (0.9 gpa) awesome torque and longevity of the motor itself will prove to be worth it.
It is a stout machine, nothing is chincy.

And we had gators on our other machines, there will be a set on in the spring! were done for the year.
Time to plow!:dancing:

ps where are you in MI?

grassman177
10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
i love the gators on them. really nice this time of year

Ridin' Green
10-31-2011, 08:29 PM
ps where are you in MI?

I'm in east central (not central east).

When you use the Gator's next season, make sure you get the new G6's.:usflag:

grassman177
10-31-2011, 10:18 PM
i dont thnk they have them for kubota. not when i got some this spring.

Ridin' Green
10-31-2011, 11:49 PM
i dont thnk they have them for kubota. not when i got some this spring.

You are may be right, but maybe they'll have them by springtime. I know other members here have said that the after market selection for Kubby's is almost non existant.

If they don't, I just don't get that. Maybe the Kubota ZTR market is too small still for them to invest in tooling, but it seems like they'd be missing out on a good up and coming market.

DieselHolic
11-01-2011, 12:43 AM
i love the gators on them. really nice this time of year

They are nice this time of year. I'm kinda upset we only got to use it for 2 days before we stopped cutting this past weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

DieselHolic
11-01-2011, 12:45 AM
You are may be right, but maybe they'll have them by springtime. I know other members here have said that the after market selection for Kubby's is almost non existant.

If they don't, I just don't get that. Maybe the Kubota ZTR market is too small still for them to invest in tooling, but it seems like they'd be missing out on a good up and coming market.

I hope I can find a set! They are nice
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
11-01-2011, 01:00 AM
I hope I can find a set! They are nice
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you know what your OEM part # is? Or better yet, the length and center hole dimensions?

DieselHolic
11-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Do you know what your OEM part # is? Or better yet, the length and center hole dimensions?

When it cones time to buy I will find all those, like I said it's new, those weren't the first things on my priority list. But I'm sure I'll be able to find a set
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
11-01-2011, 01:42 AM
When it cones time to buy I will find all those, like I said it's new, those weren't the first things on my priority list. But I'm sure I'll be able to find a set
Posted via Mobile Device

I was just looking at Oregons website, and there is at least one blade that is a G6 and available for a 60" Kubby. Part # 396-787, 20 9/16" length, w/ 1 1/8" center hole. Don't know if that will fit yours or not, but it's all they have listed right now in G6 for a 60".

DieselHolic
11-01-2011, 01:44 AM
I was just looking at Oregons website, and there is at least one blade that is a G6 and available for a 60" Kubby. Part # 396-787, 20 9/16" length, w/ 1 1/8" center hole. Don't know if that will fit yours or not, but it's all they have listed right now in G6 for a 60".

Awesome appreciate the help man. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

DieselHolic
11-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Protero collection systems? anyone used them?

grassman177
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
nope, but always thought the peco looked better. would really like a vac system for ours, but the leaves we do does not really support it.

DieselHolic
11-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Only 6 horse on the vac motor, seems like it wouldn't do much honestly. Could be wrong though.
Posted via Mobile Device

DieselHolic
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Just bought a 60" JRCO front mount dethatcher and a Protero PV18 DFS collection system. got the protero for 2100 to my door on the last day of the winter sale.
Should be a dethatching machine!

appalachianoutdoors
03-19-2012, 12:14 AM
I own a Kubota ZD326P with the JRCO 60" dethatcher also. Works great, but I am interested in feedback on your Protero system. I currently use a Trac Vac 880 at times and in the fall for leaves. I would not mind a ZTR bagging system so that I can carry the mower in my dump at times and use the mower and collect and then dump directly to the front of the trailer. :usflag:

DieselHolic
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I own a Kubota ZD326P with the JRCO 60" dethatcher also. Works great, but I am interested in feedback on your Protero system. I currently use a Trac Vac 880 at times and in the fall for leaves. I would not mind a ZTR bagging system so that I can carry the mower in my dump at times and use the mower and collect and then dump directly to the front of the trailer. :usflag:

I'll give a review and keep you updated on how it works for me. i figured for $2100 that was a steal. they are $3500 at the dealer. But i caught the last day of the winter sale. :cool2:

appalachianoutdoors
03-21-2012, 12:30 AM
What are you going to do about your fops? After checking with protero, i found out that i would have to leave the fops up always due to the bagged and my kubota will not go in Mg enclosed trailer with the fops fully up. The bagged will not fit if the tops is half folder either. :usflag:

cleankut
03-21-2012, 12:58 AM
For the rops you can remove the top portion, while the bottom portion fits under the height of the protero. That way if you need the rops you can just rebolt it on. But if you need the rops, I do not know how stable the kubota would be filling up with grass in the bagger on a slope/hill. Or I believe you can remove the whole rops itself, but I have not done that.

DieselHolic
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
What are you going to do about your fops? After checking with protero, i found out that i would have to leave the fops up always due to the bagged and my kubota will not go in Mg enclosed trailer with the fops fully up. The bagged will not fit if the tops is half folder either. :usflag:

I'm just goin to unbolt the top part and put it in the trailer. It's a stable mower and I don't have any extreme hills. Should be ok... I think?
Posted via Mobile Device

cleankut
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Thats what I do. I ziptied some pads on top of the bottom of the tops on each side to prevent snagging anything. I've never used the rops, I don't mow any hills. Just remember for the hills though grass does have weight. The pv-18 holds 14 1/2 bushels (I think) I wouldn't want to see any botas tipped over. You can always unbolt the bagger if ur unsure of the hill.
Posted via Mobile Device