PDA

View Full Version : For those who have already implemented auto-pay

GMLC
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I sent a survey to all my clients to see what they thought about going on auto-pay next season. I was nervous because I have been reading a lot of threads on here and wasn't expecting much participation(or loss of clients). To my surprise most of my clients thought it would be a great idea. Of course the slow payers were against it.

My question is for those that already have cc numbers on file. How do you store this info safely? Does the merchant/cc processor store the info or do you? Is there a form to gather cc info from clients and get consent to charge it at the end of the month? Thanks for any help.

srl28
11-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Also interested in learning the things you asked as this is something I'm interested in. Bump to the top

PLS-Tx
11-01-2011, 02:10 AM
I sent a survey to all my clients to see what they thought about going on auto-pay next season. I was nervous because I have been reading a lot of threads on here and wasn't expecting much participation(or loss of clients). To my surprise most of my clients thought it would be a great idea. Of course the slow payers were against it.

My question is for those that already have cc numbers on file. How do you store this info safely? Does the merchant/cc processor store the info or do you? Is there a form to gather cc info from clients and get consent to charge it at the end of the month? Thanks for any help.

My wife handles this but I do know a little bit about it. I know that she keeps the cc/debit# on file not the merchant/cc processor.

I don't think she uses a form.

It's funny some customers are quick to want to do this others don't want anything to do with it.

We have several payment methods, we let contract customers pick the one they want.

One time customers don't have a choice, cc/debit card. She runs the card just before we do the work. If it's not approved we don't do the work.

arninglawns
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Auto-pay is a great selling point. People want the most hassle-free experience possible. You don't have to make everyone do it, but you should let those that want to.

willretire@40
11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Make all of your new customers sign up for auto pay. It makes life 10 times easier. My program keeps it on file. If you ask for people credit card like it is the only way you take payment they will give you the card number. For new customers at the end of the estimare process just say Now all i need is your cc number to get the service started. 1 out of 10 will not want to do it which in my mind says they wasnt going to pay u anyways.

GMLC
11-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys, I've been putting this off for way to long. Next season I will have auto-pay fully implemented!!

JDT Property Care
11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I would like to do this as well... but what credit card service will you be using? Square, quickbooks, or something else?

willretire@40
11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
I use bank of America as my merchant. I get my money the next business day at 7 am. American express takes 2-3 days
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I would like to do this as well... but what credit card service will you be using? Square, quickbooks, or something else?

I use quickbooks pro so I will give them a try first.

JDT Property Care
11-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I use quickbooks pro so I will give them a try first.

I also use quickbooks pro... I have been looking into intuits go payments and think that's the way I will go...
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I also use quickbooks pro... I have been looking into intuits go payments and think that's the way I will go...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey I just saw your in NH too. Where are you located?

JDT Property Care
11-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm just north of Plymouth, you?
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm just north of Plymouth, you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice country up there! I use to be a member of the Baker River Valley Snowmobile club in Wentworth. Im located in New Boston and service Bedford, Amherst areas.

JDT Property Care
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Nice! I service Plymouth, Campton, Thornton & surrounding... I have been putting off credit cards too long. I think I'm really going to go with go payment...
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Nice! I service Plymouth, Campton, Thornton & surrounding... I have been putting off credit cards too long. I think I'm really going to go with go payment...
Posted via Mobile Device

Im going to try to get everyone on it for next season(winter project). Im really getting sick of chasing late payments!!

JDT Property Care
11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Im going to try to get everyone on it for next season(winter project). Im really getting sick of chasing late payments!!

I am sick of them too!! Do you offer plowing and such?
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I am sick of them too!! Do you offer plowing and such?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, we plow as well. I usually dont have to much trouble collecting for snow removal. Guess customers figure if they dont pay they will never get out of there driveway!!

JDT Property Care
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes, we plow as well. I usually dont have to much trouble collecting for snow removal. Guess customers figure if they dont pay they will never get out of there driveway!!
I have been finding the same things!! I did stop plowing someone before for non payment and made sure no one dropped a plow blade in that driveway the rest of the winter hahaha!
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I have been finding the same things!! I did stop plowing someone before for non payment and made sure no one dropped a plow blade in that driveway the rest of the winter hahaha!
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh::laugh::laugh: All the plow guys here are pretty tight. Not as cut throat as landscaping!

JDT Property Care
11-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Have you decided which way to go for credit cards yet?

GMLC
11-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Right now I'm between quickbooks or square up. Still deciding. I made a credit card authorization form to send my clients to get all thier cc info on file for next season. I'm very excited to get this going.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-12-2011, 12:39 PM
My plan is to run all the cc's at the end of each month and email invoices showing payment made. This will cut back on time and mailing costs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr.NewEarth
11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I use Chase Paymenttech. The money is in our account the next day.
Clients sign a contract and agree to the credit card charge for stipulated services.

If they want other work done throughout the season, they have to give us written approval. This all goes into their file.

Card Numbers and customer info is kept on file. We have a 1-800 number to call and a computer there gives us approval codes.

I bill residential at the start of the month, before service. The cable and cell companies do the same thing here.

It has to be done this way imo, as residential ripoffs are hard to collect on. A lien is about $250.00 and small claims court is $125.00 (plus 12% tax on every-thing)
Court costs are not recoverable. So. if some-one rips you off for $100 dollars, is it worth chasing after them? Also, you waste alot of valuable time chasing people for payment at the end of the month.

I like the money up front.

Exact Rototilling
11-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Is it possible with any of the CC options to simply boot up your laptop, desktop or even smartphone.....and at the end of the day point and click through the accounts that where serviced ...that day...and.only spend 3-5 min doing it?
Posted via Mobile Device

JDT Property Care
11-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Right now I'm between quickbooks or square up. Still deciding. I made a credit card authorization form to send my clients to get all thier cc info on file for next season. I'm very excited to get this going.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have looked into both of those as well.. and I'm still debating. I'm a little concerned with square up with the over $1,000 thing they have? With quickbooks once you hit up to $1,000 do you need to start using the $12.95 per month one? (that's with go payments). Does anyone use quickbooks merchant right on the computer???

seabee24
11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Is it possible with any of the CC options to simply boot up your laptop, desktop or even smartphone.....and at the end of the day point and click through the accounts that where serviced ...that day...and.only spend 3-5 min doing it?
Posted via Mobile Device

yes , SAP, you can do it in 2 mins.

willretire@40
11-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Service auto pilot you can.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
11-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I have looked into both of those as well.. and I'm still debating. I'm a little concerned with square up with the over $1,000 thing they have? With quickbooks once you hit up to $1,000 do you need to start using the $12.95 per month one? (that's with go payments). Does anyone use quickbooks merchant right on the computer???

Just singed up for square up and down loaded the app. I figure if it's over $1000 I'll swipe the card. Under that will be auto pay.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Got to use my new square card reader for a large fall clean up last week. Money was in my account next day. I highly recommend square. Next step is auto-pay for most if not all my clients. I'm going to push it as a paperless option. No more stamps! No more printing invoices! No more chasing late payments!
Posted via Mobile Device