PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on 2 Apartment Complex's Need Help Estimating

justin9978f
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
I will list all the measurements and the equipment and man power being used.
This is for 2 apartment complex's ran by the same company. The only requirments for me to bid is for Mowing, Trimming, Blowing. Edged 1 time a month. I need help with the time to do the job and also what should i bid this at? Photos attached below & the job is in SW Michigan.

Complex 1:
171,887 Sq Ft (Mow)
2400 Sq Ft (Trim)
1413 Sq Ft (Edge 1x Month)

Complex 2:
224,945 Sq Ft (Mow)
5558 Sq Ft (Trim)
77457 Sq Ft (Edge 1x Month)

Equipment:
2-60 inch Lazer Walk Behind
1-48 inch Lazer Sit Down

3 man crew

NaturalIntegrity
10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Go to the manufacturer's website and find out how many acres/hr each machine will cut, then using the turf area you can calculate approximately how long it will take to cut. Same theory applies to the trimming and edging except you need to estimate linear feet/hour to figure out how long they will take. From experience, add some time to the numbers you come out with. Apartment/condo complexes seem to have something slow you down every week.

JB1
10-31-2011, 07:36 PM
wow, they mow the projects more than that.

BPS##
10-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice sized properties.

Walk them and try to get an idea how long it'll take your crew. Keep in mind that your fuel expenses for the day will be lower because you aren't driving around town.
Use that to your advantage if you really want the job.

jsslawncare
10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I told my brother-in-law about this and he went by the gps and is going to submit a bid tomorrow.

P.S.- Are you really going to be trimming in sq ft? And I know you're not going to be edging in sq ft. That would be linear. If you do get the bid change the direction of mowing. You can count the number of passes in the 1st picture. Good-Luck.

cpllawncare
10-31-2011, 08:04 PM
I'd be trading those WB's for standers or sit downs for sure. Remember that is going to be a bear once a month, I have Apt's also, I never service less than three times a month.

Glenn Lawn Care
10-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Figure out how long it will take the 3 man crew to mow this...go by the hour per man.

lawns4life
10-31-2011, 08:16 PM
The only requirments for me to bid is for Mowing, Trimming, Blowing. Edged 1 time a month.

You guys are reading wrong. There's a period between blowing and edged, meaning that it is edged 1 time a month, which means it is probably mowed every week not 1 time a month also..

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't do commercial but, I say complex 1 -$140 and complex 2- $200. I think you will be surprised how low they go for.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:11 PM
How many hours do you estimate them taking you? Complex to does look like a monster, so I'm probably low, but I know you just don't get what you would expect on projects like these.
Posted via Mobile Device

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't do commercial but, I say complex 1 -$140 and complex 2- $200. I think you will be surprised how low they go for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good gawd you are way too cheap. I mean by multiples of at least 4.
X 5 or 6 will give you some profit at the end of the day.

Please don't start commercial any time soon.
I don't work in your area so depressing the rates like that won't effect me but I feel sorry for the guys that do do commercial if you start bidding.

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:24 PM
Well why don't you shed some light on the subject since your getting rich doing this.
Posted via Mobile Device

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Well why don't you shed some light on the subject since your getting rich doing this.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm by no means getting rich, and I did shed some light on it.
Break out the calculator. I can and do get X 6 on both of your figures for site one and site two.
Going by the sq footage he posted.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
10-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
You are right there Around here ppl dont know how to bid and Complexs bid way to cheap
People dont care anymore as long they can get done cheap

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Your stoned, you think your gonna make $1200 in a day huh, lol. Any red neck can jump behind a raggedy belt drive scag and do this, your not a doctor!
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:34 PM
You have to know how many hrs its gonna take, these pics are useless without seeing in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Your stoned, you think your gonna make $1200 in a day huh, lol. Any red neck can jump behind a raggedy belt drive scag and do this, your not a doctor!
Posted via Mobile Device

Never smoked weed in my life so I'm not stoned.

As for the rest of your comment................ keep telling yourself that.

I'll do the professional work and have happy customers that are willing to pay for the look.

jaybow
And they may indeed go for quit a bit more, but not four or six times more.
Posted via Mobile Device

FoghornLeghorn
I'd say the first one is going to be won around $800/month, 2nd on $1100 a month.

If it looks like crap currently, then they're not paying the guy a decent amount now. They're almost certainly not going to pay you the required amount it takes to care about the project.

That being said, we wouldn't touch #1 for less than $1500/month, #2 for less than 2100.

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:38 PM
And they may indeed go for quit a bit more, but not four or six times more.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't work in MI, so no I don't know what they'll go for. I was just telling you what they should go for. What they need to go for to allow a professional business to stay in business.

I'd say the first one is going to be won around $800/month, 2nd on $1100 a month.

Thank you

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:39 PM
That being said, we wouldn't touch #1 for less than $1500/month, #2 for less than 2100.

You're not mowing weekly at that are you?

cpllawncare
10-31-2011, 11:40 PM
If you have a three man crew you're gonna need wayyy more than $140 and $200 more like $400 for bldg one and $500-$600 for bldg two

Snyder's Lawn Inc
10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm by no means getting rich, and I did shed some light on it.
Break out the calculator. I can and do get X 6 on both of your figures for site one and site two.
Going by the sq footage he posted.
With right mowers and trimmers
Complex 1
4 acres mow and trim/blow should only take you 1.5 hrs with 3 man crew
Complex 2
5 acres mow and trim/blow about 2 hr job with 3 man crew

To edge 1hr each with 3 man crew

In my area 140-225 you might get it
Everybody area is different
If you can get 6x go for it
In the 80s and 90s I was able to make that now is harder

cpllawncare
10-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That's the problem in this industry, we're not all just a bunch of rednecks on mowers!

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
that's the problem in this industry, we're not all just a bunch of rednecks on mowers!

exactly!!!!

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
$800 and $1100 is nowhere near 6 or 8 times more. I was posting per cut estimate not an estimate on monthly charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:47 PM
With right mowers and trimmers
Complex 1
4 acres mow and trim/blow should only take you 1.5 hrs with 3 man crew
Complex 2
5 acres mow and trim/blow about 2 hr job with 3 man crew

To edge 1hr each with 3 man crew

In my area 140-225 you might get it
Everybody area is different
If you can get 6x go for it
In the 80s and 90s I was able to make that now is harder

Damn I feel sorry for you.

I can gross $400 or more a day working by myself doing residentials.

Every area is different. I picked up 3 4 acres of turf jobs this fall for next summer's mowing season. There is so much stuff to mow/trim around that I anticipate two guys taking a lot longer than the time you mentioned.
On all three of them a 60'' mower is the widest you can use. The one has enough small sections and rolling terrain that I'm thinking even a 60 is too big.

And I'm no where near $140 per site.

jaybow
10-31-2011, 11:48 PM
That's the problem in this industry, we're not all just a bunch of rednecks on mowers!

No were not, but there is a lot of them out there doing this.
Posted via Mobile Device

FoghornLeghorn
10-31-2011, 11:52 PM
$800 and $1100 is nowhere near 6 or 8 times more. I was posting per cut estimate not an estimate on monthly charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

No one is going to get NEAR that amount for these janked up apartment complexes. They don't give a crap how it looks, as long as it's cheap.

So yes, we would do complex 1 for $1500+, complex 2 for $2100+. At that price, we would absolutely FLY through them. We wouldn't pay nearly the attention to detail that they deserve, but they're not paying enough, so they don't get the attention to detail.

Now, these look like crappy apartments, they're never going to look good because they're never going to pay anyone $2000 a month and $3400 a month that they should be paying because the money simply isn't there.

You have to know your customer. If you have a golf course, you can charge out the a$$. If you try to walk on to some ghetto apartment complex and apply the same pricing model, you will never and I mean NEVER get these jobs because you are bidding way outside what they're willing to pay in terms of quality. Does that make sense?

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:55 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Fuzzy math?

Your original price of $140 per cut for site one times 6 is $840, thats pretty close to $800.

Your original price of $200 per cut for site two time 6 is $1200. Thats also pretty close to $1100.

Forget the price argument for a second. How do you guys in areas that are working for so cheap manage to stay in biz. Having enough equipment for a 3 man crew, wages for a 3 man crew and paying payroll taxes along with fuel, insurance, maintenance, wear and tear etc etc etc etc has got to be a staggering amount of over head.
If your 3 man crew is doing a site like site 1 in 1.5 hrs for $140 in an 8 hr day they've only grossed $560 if you assume 1.5 hrs for actual work and .5 hrs for gassing the equipment, travel time, and all the other things that take time out of a day etc etc you'll only get 4 of those $140 jobs completed in a day unless your jobs are all real close with minimal traffic you might squeeze out a 5th one for a total of $700 for the day for a 3 man crew.

BPS##
10-31-2011, 11:58 PM
No one is going to get NEAR that amount for these janked up apartment complexes. They don't give a crap how it looks, as long as it's cheap.

So yes, we would do complex 1 for $1500+, complex 2 for $2100+. At that price, we would absolutely FLY through them. We wouldn't pay nearly the attention to detail that they deserve, but they're not paying enough, so they don't get the attention to detail.

Now, these look like crappy apartments, they're never going to look good because they're never going to pay anyone $2000 a month and $3400 a month that they should be paying because the money simply isn't there.

You have to know your customer. If you have a golf course, you can charge out the a$$. If you try to walk on to some ghetto apartment complex and apply the same pricing model, you will never and I mean NEVER get these jobs because you are bidding way outside what they're willing to pay in terms of quality. Does that make sense?

There is one place I know of in my town thats like that. (probably more, but this one is the first that comes to mind) Its one of the newer joints in town and already looks like extreme ghetto. Reason is they do not care about any thing but price.

I wouldn't want to work for them.

I don't do half assed work for a cheap price.

FoghornLeghorn
10-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Forget the price argument for a second. How do you guys in areas that are working for so cheap manage to stay in biz. .

We stay in business by staying away from $hit projects like these two.

jaybow
11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
The person taking the bid doesn't care how many people it takes you to get it done, its not their problem. So a 2 man crew can do it cheaper, even taking a little longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Damn I feel sorry for you.

I can gross $400 or more a day working by myself doing residentials.

Every area is different. I picked up 3 4 acres of turf jobs this fall for next summer's mowing season. There is so much stuff to mow/trim around that I anticipate two guys taking a lot longer than the time you mentioned.
On all three of them a 60'' mower is the widest you can use. The one has enough small sections and rolling terrain that I'm thinking even a 60 is too big.

And I'm no where near $140 per site.

Dont feel sorry for me Its life around here I make most time 1500 to 2000 per day for 4 days with a 3 man crew I run 3 72'' or I'll run 3 60'' depends on day of the week 1 day I make 3k for 7 hrs of work with a 3 man crew

jaybow
11-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Although I wouldn't tackle #2 with a 2 man crew, but #1 I would, but as I said I don't do commercial.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
11-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Wow, $8000 a week X 28 weeks =$224000 a year. Wow you can make almost a quarter million a year, pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
11-01-2011, 12:09 AM
And that's not including the extras, and snow work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Wow, $8000 a week X 28 weeks =$224000 a year. Wow you can make almost a quarter million a year, pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device

There was no way I got 28 weeks this year

BPS##
11-01-2011, 12:13 AM
There was no way I got 28 weeks this year

Including spring/fall clean ups I get between 19 and 21 mows.
Depends on the weather on both ends of the season.

cpllawncare
11-01-2011, 12:15 AM
I cut three times a month at two complexes

complex 1 - 1 1/2 hr to service $500/month
complex 2 - close to the same a little more $600/month
This doesn't include any shrub work or bed maint.
I'm solo, no extra payroll! just how I do it!

I can do both in half a day and either take the rest of the day off or hit some of my resd's, of which I want more next year.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

last yr we was little under 300k this yr looking like we be closer to 250k due to the dought What I did in last 3 months is what most time I do in one month
I cant even plug lawns so dry and hard my wb pluggers wont plug Calling for lots rain come wed/thurs maybe after that I can get at it I hope

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Including spring/fall clean ups I get between 19 and 21 mows.
Depends on the weather on both ends of the season.

Yes thats normal yr here most bids I bid is 20 mowings I have some most normal years I mow 22-24 times

FoghornLeghorn
11-01-2011, 12:29 AM
If you guys think there's tons of money to be made on these huge commercial jobs, think again. Landscapes USA does this complex 43 times a year for $3400 a month. They do an absolute horrible job, irrigation heads broken everywhere, zero green grass because their jamooks don't know anything about irrigation. Plants dead everywhere. Just atrocious; I'd shoot myself if I had to put my company name on this project.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#5003/s=w&p=c/5872/style=be&lat=p0vp4q&lon=6vfy1k&alt=187.76355&z=18&h=90&pid=5874

Worse yet, I asked the manager how happy they were with the current company, and he said "Very, we've been more than pleased with their work"

So you have a few factors in this new economy: 1)There's no money to ensure these projects get done right, and 2) These property managers don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

FYI: The tax assessor shows this complex sits on over 20 acres...

cpllawncare
11-01-2011, 12:36 AM
We stay in business by staying away from $hit projects like these two.

yea crap projects but cash flow is cash flow, and I've made them look a ton better than the guy before me who really did make them look like ghetto! I know what your saying though! I've got very low overhead so I can make a little money till I can get better jobs down the line, then I can drop these and go higher end also as my experience gets better I'll get better jobs. I can experiment with jobs like these and learn without having to worry about someone firing me if it doesn't come out just right LOL

Snyder's Lawn Inc
11-01-2011, 12:37 AM
If you guys think there's tons of money to be made on these huge commercial jobs, think again. Landscapes USA does this complex 43 times a year for $3400 a month. They do an absolute horrible job, irrigation heads broken everywhere, zero green grass because their jamooks don't know anything about irrigation. Plants dead everywhere. Just atrocious; I'd shoot myself if I had to put my company name on this project.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#5003/s=w&p=c/5872/style=be&lat=p0vp4q&lon=6vfy1k&alt=187.76355&z=18&h=90&pid=5874

Worse yet, I asked the manager how happy they were with the current company, and he said "Very, we've been more than pleased with their work"

So you have a few factors in this new economy: 1)There's no money to ensure these projects get done right, and 2) These property managers don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

FYI: The tax assessor shows this complex sits on over 20 acres...

Might be 20 acres but looks like 5 acres of mowing if that

BPS##
11-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Might be 20 acres but looks like 5 acres of mowing if that

Yeah there isn't a lot of mowing there.

Its entertaining the huge difference in how things change from area to area.

Methods of mowing, brands of equipment, attitudes from the customers towards their properties etc etc.
I guess I'm lucky to have landed 3 sites that at least give some what of a damn about the looks of their sites.

And know their head from their butt. The 3 sites I picked up would never tolerate what was just said about Landscapes USA's work.

There's no money to ensure these projects get done right

There is in my area. One of my new clients is planning to begin construction in 2012 to DOUBLE, yes you heard right.... DOUBLE the size of their foot print.
Every body runs no vacancy with months long waiting lists.

Another client of mine manages a group of 4 plexes. Same thing for them.
No vacancy. Soon as a unit goes empty.... it leases.

jsslawncare
11-01-2011, 09:41 AM
HEY!!! My brother-in-law won it! complex 1-$199.00 per month=5 guys 4 push mowers & a trimmer. (no blowing)
Complex 2 $394.89 per month- 8 goats.(no blowing)
We have someone bidding that has no idea and someone lowballing with no idea. but, I did get tired of reading all the posts.

cpllawncare
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
HEY!!! My brother-in-law won it! complex 1-$199.00 per month=5 guys 4 push mowers & a trimmer. (no blowing)
Complex 2 $394.89 per month- 8 goats.(no blowing)
We have someone bidding that has no idea and someone lowballing with no idea. but, I did get tired of reading all the posts.

LOL! What would you actually bid though!

FoghornLeghorn
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
That complex I posted a link to is a $24,000,000 complex and they won't spend $5k a month to maintain it. The damn tax bill is almost $72,000/month, yet they don't think enough about their property to give it the upkeep it deserves.

The manager said if I wanted the job I'd have to beat Landscapes USA's price. And when I told him we don't match or beat prices, he asked why.

And I was like, "Well, it looks like a nightmare now at $3400, I really would have no incentive to make it look better or the same if we charged you less. If these investors are serious about making this property look good, they'll need to be willing to pay $5,000+ a month. Anything less and this job just isn't something we'd be interested in. No offense."

cpllawncare
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM
That complex I posted a link to is a $24,000,000 complex and they won't spend $5k a month to maintain it. The damn tax bill is almost $72,000/month, yet they don't think enough about their property to give it the upkeep it deserves.

The manager said if I wanted the job I'd have to beat Landscapes USA's price. And when I told him we don't match or beat prices, he asked why.

And I was like, "Well, it looks like a nightmare now at $3400, I really would have no incentive to make it look better or the same if we charged you less. If these investors are serious about making this property look good, they'll need to be willing to pay $5,000+ a month. Anything less and this job just isn't something we'd be interested in. No offense."

WOW! I had no idea it was at that level! just curious for 5k/month what would you be doing to the place? how much time would you be spending there? My complexes aren't no where near that level, they would laugh me off the property if I came at them with a 5k/month bid. I know a lot of guys on here only deal with high end stuff and I want to get to that level one day, it's just not feasible for me right now, So I start small and learn while I grow, I'm still making money just not the big bucks like some of you, which is ok with me for right now.

FoghornLeghorn
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
WOW! I had no idea it was at that level! just curious for 5k/month what would you be doing to the place? how much time would you be spending there? My complexes aren't no where near that level, they would laugh me off the property if I came at them with a 5k/month bid. I know a lot of guys on here only deal with high end stuff and I want to get to that level one day, it's just not feasible for me right now, So I start small and learn while I grow, I'm still making money just not the big bucks like some of you, which is ok with me for right now.

Well, for starters, we wouldn't leave fallen limbs on the ground and mow around them for 6 months like Landscapes USA does. We would actually perform irrigation checks so that the property wouldn't turn to dust. We would apply winter rye and weed n feed to the entire property so it wasn't one giant 20 acres crabgrass/spurge experiment. We would actually weedeat around all the building perimeters instead of spraying roundup around the buildings and having 9 inch wide bands of bare dirt around the buildings. We would apply mulch to all the beds around all 25 or whatever buildings and we would re-apply to keep it looking fresh.

I'm telling you, this property is a disaster and the manager is happy as a clam and thinks that they do a great job. For $3400 I could make a killing on that property if I was OK with maintaining it to this crap level. But the truth is, I'm in this game for the long haul and I refuse to put my name on a half-a$$ed project that reflects negatively on me.

jsslawncare
11-01-2011, 03:27 PM
LOL! What would you actually bid though!

No sir! I'm not falling for that. I've been in the business long enough to know you don't quote from picture's or someone telling you "oh my yard's not that big". And to be honest, I would pass. Here's why- Sure the money may be year round, may not. We all know have many yards we can cut in a day. So, cut all day for what? $200.00 or a little more. I'm saying focus on residential yards and not the big stuff. If you want commerical look for the smaller stuff. I've done it both ways and, now I prefer homes. My mix is 48 homes 6 foreclosed homes 1 church (no cemetary) and 1 tire shop. I cut on 7,10 and 14 day rotation. I know some of you wouldn't do this, some of you would. If your new to the business this may seem GREAT! but, not to me.

P.S. I do have a family in Westland, MI. My wife's family.(no I'm not a Yankee)

justin9978f
11-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Well i have to say that was some of the most interesting Thread replies I have had in sometime. I was able to put together a estimate for the 2 complex's and made sure to make a profit. If they accept great, if not no BIG deal there is plenty more business out there for everyone. Its very interesting to see how everyone operates in different areas and I know estimating is different everywhere but its so important to give proper estimates to keep us alive!
Thanks again for your time and your help!!

yard_smart
12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
What's the status off this my man?

andyslawncare
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
I got a formula and calculator program for this. Sucks that you don't know that number it would output for you. you should know what you can handle per hour and bid a job based on desired pay per hour and man hours required...otherwise, you shouldn't be bidding on large complexes.

Working Man
12-15-2011, 01:11 AM
There's so many ways to go about this. I have 3 complexes that are right around 5 acres. $800 for a 4 acre property? I don't know anyone around here that can make $200/acre. I always heard $40/acre, but that doesn't matter anyway, your cost is based on time not acreage.
If I have two guys on a 5 acre property it takes about 5-5.5 mhs, if I have 3 guys on that same property it takes 6-6.5 mhs, if I put four guys on that property I'm back down to 5.5mhs. Crews work better with even numbers, if two guys start off on a mower the third works too hard and slows down throughout the day, the second doesn't feel like getting off the mower and helping. two people get worn out too easily, so I've found a 4 man crew on these properties is the best way to go. 72" mowers are always helpful, use the smaller mowers to border and do smaller areas let the 72's fly whenever possible.
When you get into these properties the profit margins do drop but there are some advantages.
1. Less gas between sites, less drive time, less exposure to accidents, etc.
2. Work less for sales. Instead of having to pick up 20-30 houses for one day you only have to sign a few complexes.
3. Commercial is usually more dependable when paying. If you do $800 a day doing houses and 3 of them don't pay you already lost $75 (almost 10%) and now you have to run around chasing after these people.
4. When you hire guys for a 2 man crew, one needs to be exceptionally good and trustworthy. They are driving your trucks/equipment, they are the face to your company and they are in charge of quality, the second guy can be managed by the first guy to get things done right. When you run a 4 man crew, One guy can manage the others and all the responsibility is on him. Lets face it it's easier to find one in four guys to be responsible and dependable than one in two. Also, residential are more picky to begin with...

The disadvantage is that you do have more overhead and a smaller profit margin. As long as the profits are measured by a percentage and you know your cost and know what to expect this isn't the end of the world. You may need to add more crews but by keeping the prices down you can add on more work faster than if you're trying to make a killing on every property you bid. As you get larger and have more exposure you will find jobs that are very profitable and some that are just ok, you will know the great ones when you see them. Fight to get them, service them accordingly and make those people happy at all cost.
One other advantage to this is cashflow. If you're a solo operation grossing 5k a month, your truck breaks down and you need 1k to fix it, this could really hurt your bottom line. If I'm grossing $30k a month I won't have as much trouble with this expense. If I go to the same mechanic as you with the same problem, the mechanic might only charge me $800 and have it done the next day while he puts you off for two days and still charges you $1k because I spend $10k a year with him doing all of my maintenance and he wants to keep my business, you only show up once a year for a specific problem. If I walk into my mower dealership and try to buy the same mower as you my dealer will give me a lower price because I buy 2 or 3 mowers a year. If you lose a customer that's paying three or four hundred a month, this could hurt you, I won't be affected as much.
People can complain all they want about you being too cheap and customers can complain all they want about you being to expensive. All you have to do is know what type of business you want to run and how much money you need to be happy doing it.

idealscape
12-15-2011, 07:59 AM
First complex - 3 men x 3 hours = 9 man hours x (your hourly rate) = ( per cut )

Second Complex - 3 men x 5 hours = 15 man hours x ( your hourly rate)= ( per cut )

Lets just say your hourly rate per man is $25.00...This is not my rate guys!!! :nono:

Complex 1 = $225.00 per cut (x4.33/month) = $974.25/mo

Complex 2 = $375.00 per cut (x4.33/month) = $1623.75/mo

Try to sell them on edging 2x's per month, it will help you out in the long run.

Hope that helps...use your own rate per man (which you should have figured out...if you haven't, you are not ready for commercial properties!) but the rough estimate on time I gave you should be about right. Good Luck

idealscape
12-15-2011, 08:21 AM
First complex - 3 men x 3 hours = 9 man hours x (your hourly rate) = ( per cut )

Second Complex - 3 men x 5 hours = 15 man hours x ( your hourly rate)= ( per cut )

Lets just say your hourly rate per man is $25.00...This is not my rate guys!!! :nono:

Complex 1 = $225.00 per cut (x4.33/month) = $974.25/mo

Complex 2 = $375.00 per cut (x4.33/month) = $1623.75/mo

Try to sell them on edging 2x's per month, it will help you out in the long run.

Hope that helps...use your own rate per man (which you should have figured out...if you haven't, you are not ready for commercial properties!) but the rough estimate on time I gave you should be about right. Good Luck

HA just noticed how old this thread was...sorry, maybe it'll still help you on other projects. Also, remember my figuring is from the southeast with warmer climates and 32-36 weeks of season. Cheers