PDA

View Full Version : Need An Advice

Denisse
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I am a landscaper,And I am Kind of new in the Complains area.... One of my customers told me one of her cars was damage and that we were the responsible for that. I am sure we didn't do it , but I saw her very upset, since the car it was her's mom that recently died of cancer, and I decide to take care of the problem, (my mistake) ,I call my insurance company and make the claim. They decide to not take care of the problem because ...some policy something.... Now I talk to my customer and she still in a very strong position of not hearing or understanding, even though I explain her many times I am doing this as a consideration because she is a good customer and well. Now that my insurance company told me I am by my Own. I am not kind of sure hot to take this back to the road of a good relationship .
This woman is so hard to deal with, she doesn't understand reasons, and she threat me to write a very bad complain in the page she found My company And this page is been helping a lot to my business .

Any Advice?:confused:

Kelly's Landscaping
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Bottom line your screwed now that we settled that the question is how much is your peace of mind worth to you. And yes there are limits if the repair is 50 bucks you wouldn't blink at it on the other hand if it was a 100k you might sneak over and commit your first homicide.

Also can the relationship be fixed I had a great relationship with one customer then one fall came ultimatums and threats if I didn't have the leaves done by a certain date. Then my grandfather passed away which was a no win option of course I had to go tot he funeral and this prick couldn't accept that. Now I still mow him but we lost all other work and he was good for 5-7k a year now he hardly hits 1k and you can see the relationship is hostel.

So if you can fix it and its not to expensive then pay for the repair if you can't fix it but its not to expensive then pay. On the other hand if the repair is thousands and you cant fix the relationship walk away. And if you can fix the relationship but its very expensive that's your call.

muddywater
11-01-2011, 08:00 PM
You basically admitted you were at fault already by saying your insurance will pay. Pay up or lose the client. If any of my clients think we damage their property, they get paid immediately or it gets repaired immediately.

If you know it wasn't your fault and want to keep the client, just pay for it and work into the bill later on when they need additional services.

Darryl G
11-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Well if you damaged the car you are responsible whether or not your insurance covers it. But if you're sure you didn't do it, why would you file a claim for it? Filing a claim for damages that were not caused by the insured party is actually insurance fraud.

Are you saying that now that your insurance won't cover it you're not going to pay for it after you already told the customer you would? What is the damage and what is the repair estimate?

Fvstringpicker
11-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Here's the bottom line. You can deny the damages and let her sue you if she wants to take it that far. She would have to prove you damaged her property to prevail in court (but see below). Of course you would lose the customer. You can fix her car and maybe keep the customer. But you may lose the customer anyway for unrelated reasons. Since you've already accepted responsibility which is now provable since you filed a claim, you're stuck and she would prevail in court. Pay the gal.

Dr.NewEarth
11-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I guess the damage is less than your insurance deductible?

Is it less than her insurance deductible?

I also believe she is venting on you because she is angry her Mother died.

phillie
11-02-2011, 04:02 PM
If she is near impossible to deal with do you want to keep her as a customer anyway? I have cancelled customers on numerous occasions because I have the right to pick who I deal with. If your at fault, your at fault period. You should do right by your customer. If you are not at fault then you have to weigh the cost of repair with keeping the customer. If you fix it is she still going to be irrational and hard to deal with? If so I would say "Goodday" and be on to bigger and better things.... I dont like losing customers but sometimes its inevitable.