and a 20 oz liq has 9.0 active
what is the active per oz

thanks in advance
joe

Ric
11-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Not Ric, but:

Oops

Q # 1 Unless stated as a weight actives are always given in percentages. The total weight of the Active per gallon is also at the bottom center of the Label first page. Atrazine 4L is 41% active and the 4 in 4L means a gallon of the active weights 4 pounds. In agriculture they will talk about 4 or 5 pound loaded or unloaded material. The Number stands for the pounds of Active per gallon, since Farmers calculate Pounds per acre instead oz per 1000 sq ft. Loaded or unloaded is surfactants. Therefore 01 active is .01 active for 50# or 1#. 50 x .01 = .5 lb active in a 50 bag and 1 x .01 = .01 lb = .16 oz in a pound

Q # 2 Is not totally clear as what the 9.0 stands for. We are to assume there 9 oz active in a 20 oz total mix. Therefore .45 is the answer because it is a 45% active mix.

bug-guy
11-02-2011, 02:41 AM
i was looking at the labels of termidor and topchoice and the actives in each

bug-guy
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
i see that termidor sc has .8 lb per gal
looking for how much in topchoice

Ric
11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
i see that termidor sc has .8 lb per gal
looking for how much in topchoice

Bug Guy

Top Choice is now a RUP. Many years ago the Now retired Bayer Rep Gary Pocano PhD (bad name spelling) admitted Top Choice didn't have the residual on our Coastal Florida sand because of lack of Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) Chemical holding power.

I sure hope your question is because you are not one of the many MISLABEL USERS of Termidor. Termidor is so misused the State of Florida now have electric Bird Dogs that can detect Fiponil up to 5 years after it is applied.

You know I am the Fire Ant King so to speak. I have posted more info on Fire Ants than any one else. Before you use Termidor illegal, PM me your phone number and I will give you the best Ant control plan that only uses label legal applications.

The answer to your question is the amount of AI in a pound of top Choice is 9/40 of an OZ. Yes I put the answer in a faction forum on purpose. Hopefully you can't use my answer to mix Termidor for a broad cast treatment.

bug-guy
11-02-2011, 02:58 PM
thanks ric, ican do the math.
no this was for more of a discussion with a golf super, kinda what if thing.
no one's using termidor on lawns here.

thanks joe